update to service braking lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
a couple weeks ago i asked in here, about how often people are getting the 'service electronic braking system' about year or so

i finally made it to the dealership to get it looked at , along with a low coolant level light (false indication), and here is the update

.1. luckily, it wasnt the ABS side of the control modules on the brakes. it was the hydraulic controller side, which has already been replaced 2x before. well, luckily this will be covered under parts warranty , due to a 2 years parts/labor , and its only been a year and half. Now, the problem being, is that finding one is goin to be an issue.... but at least i can drive it like , i'll just have an annoying ding that will cancel my cruise control

.2. false low coolant level is being covered under an extended warranty. turns out, i have a faulty sensor, and the funny part is that to replace the sensor, they are goin to replace the whole bottle. well, it was time to get a new cap anyway -- i like a new cap every couple years, thankfully they're cheap to replace. they have that in stock, but will be monday before it shows up in my lil sand dune of a town. the part that amazed me, is that on online, that part costs anywhere from 150-200 US - which amuses me due to the fact the level sensor is a 15/20 dollar part -- now i jsut wonder how much of the hoses are goin to be changed....

now it's just a waiting game for parts to show up so i can lose my truck for another day or 2......i miss having a second vehicle.

smittyd174

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It could be that the ding is related to the coolant sensor being faulty. Now this is just a stab in the dark but does the cruise kick out with the ding . If so the computer picks up the error and shuts off the cruise by default . Kinda like remote start doesn't work with low fuel light on , hood open , door ajar etc. Who knows but one step at a time.

OP
OP
Average_gatsby45

Average_gatsby45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins diesel.
It could be that the ding is related to the coolant sensor being faulty. Now this is just a stab in the dark but does the cruise kick out with the ding . If so the computer picks up the error and shuts off the cruise by default . Kinda like remote start doesn't work with low fuel light on , hood open , door ajar etc. Who knows but one step at a time.

yea the ding along with a flag on my dash about low coolant level

and since the abs brake module is tied to the speed sensor, when it flags as an error, that is what kicks out the cruise control. this is my third time repalcing the part, i finally got a call sayin the part is in --

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the update. Always nice when an owner shares a 'fix' for their ailment/s. Helps everyone. Hope the new parts do the trick!! Post once they're installed ...if they ultimately clear up the issues.

:happy160:

Last edited: