Upgrading bulbs? Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey there for my new night edition ram 1500 classic crew cab I'd like to replace the headlights and other ones with LEDs if possible.

Is there anything plug and play? Something decent , this is also better for electrical? As I plan on putting a sound system in. My halogens have always dimmed in prior vehicles.

All help is appreciated thanks

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One on left, what are my options?

20191219_154106.jpg

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
There's a thread here on this exact thing. I think its titled plug n play lights. In mabe the exterior section

Blue Mule

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used Hikari led bulbs in my truck. They were plug and play and have worked well so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Maybe VisionX

Blue Mule

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't even know what to order is there some type of whole kit?
Much appreciated I'll try searching

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's only called an upgrade if it's actually better. LED headlights are called a downgrade.

CoreySinger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
It's only called an upgrade if it's actually better. LED headlights are called a downgrade.
If you buy cheap junk.

Not all led are equal. Do some research. Not all housings are the same. A bulb that is good in one housing could be crap in a different housing.

I am more than happy with the leds in my reflector housings. Proper beam cut off and way brighter. No warm up like HID.

Hikirai ultra from amazon for low beams. Forgot what I put in the high beam. I know I tried 4 different sets til I found a some that fit under the dust cover.

There are a few vids on youtube from headlight revolution that compare like 20 different bulbs in different housings. Find the ram reflector vids and have a look.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Everyone always says "it's only bad if you buy cheap junk" but by my estimation that means 100% of anyone "up"grading their lights so far has in fact bought the cheap junk and I have yet to see this mythical good stuff rumored to exist.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Everyone always says "it's only bad if you buy cheap junk" but by my estimation that means 100% of anyone "up"grading their lights so far has in fact bought the cheap junk and I have yet to see this mythical good stuff rumored to exist.
You obviously don't know how to use the internet then. Your *estimation is way off. Open your eyes abs you will see the good stuff that does exist.

Bps lighting LEDs in my ram, major upgrade, brighter, clickable, no glare.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They must not make the transition from internet to real world where we actually drive.

Jacob Maguire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi5.7
This may be helpful. And he links to everything in description:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk