Using Factory air ride buttons to control aftermarket rear air bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
As the title states, I haven't found anyone doing this yet, so I figured I would ask. I have found a button cluster with all of the controls for $140, my 2014 Laramie 1500 has everything except air ride. I am looking to get an airlift load lifter 5000 kit for towing my boat. I need to figure out if the factory buttons can be wired to open the solenoids that fill and drain the bags. I would love to keep a factory look and not have a bunch of extra buttons for LED light bars, air bags, ect. I doubt anyone has done this because if you have a factory air ride system with buttons you don't need an aftermarket one... but if anyone out there has ever investigated the circuitry of the factory buttons, I would LOVE to figure it out.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would think the switches as is would not, but you could probably modify the aftermarket switches to attach to the factory switch faces to make it look stock.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You would have to put your own switches in.
Or take the easier route, if your just going rear airbags Use the new Airlift WirelessOne 25980EZ (Gen2). It has a wireless control or you can use an app on your phone to control the pressure. It will save preset pressures(even with the wireless controller).
https://www.airliftcompany.com/shop/25980ez/