Vararam air grabber problem.......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are too many people out there that don’t follow SIMPLE. directions it seems like and then when the product doesn’t perform properly they just throw out a bad review. In the videos he said he had install trouble And it was such a pain....if you’re not capable of following SIMPLE directions maybe you shouldn’t be modifying your truck!!!! don’t trash a company because you can’t install right.... rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol I know the Air Grabber is super simple to install[emoji23]

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven’t had dust either but I also make sure to put a good amount of oil on it. Matt at Moes told me to do that when I bought it...

OP
OP
Dbush36

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok so one more update!!!! I received the new parts from Vararam yesterday. I was told I would just get a new filter base. No filter, lid, coupler or anything else just the base or body. Whatever you want to call it. I just open the box they sent me the base that they told me but they also included a new filter, a new filter cleaning kit and a new seal!!!!! To get this kind of customer service three years after the purchase to me is phenomenal!!!! The people at VerraRamfaedec060ee0a6627f5d9de40dca3de9.jpg are stand up guys who back up their product! Bottom line this is a great company to work with!!!!!!!

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok so one more update!!!! I received the new parts from Vararam yesterday. I was told I would just get a new filter base. No filter, lid, coupler or anything else just the base or body. Whatever you want to call it. I just open the box they sent me the base that they told me but they also included a new filter, a new filter cleaning kit and a new seal!!!!! To get this kind of customer service three years after the purchase to me is phenomenal!!!! The people at VerraRamfaedec060ee0a6627f5d9de40dca3de9.jpg are stand up guys who back up their product! Bottom line this is a great company to work with!!!!!!!

That's awesome!! They really are great to work with

guru1ofatl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm glad to hear that they took care of you.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to run an oil analysis during your next oil change.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm glad to hear that they took care of you.
It wouldn't be a bad idea to run an oil analysis during your next oil change.

^This. If a lot got by the broken base it will show up as high silicon in an oil report

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
04B0A855-18AD-48F0-9E4A-A6A778F0311A.jpeg I have an AFE CAI and have been thinking about the Vararam setup but I live in the Canadian north. I’m wondering about snow buildup and also if I use my winter front, will it restrict airflow to the Vararam?

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 159562 I have an AFE CAI and have been thinking about the Vararam setup but I live in the Canadian north. I’m wondering about snow buildup and also if I use my winter front, will it restrict airflow to the Vararam?
Snow buildup is a sporadic problem with the Vararam but the the grill cover would keep that to a minimum. I think it would still get enough air from below the radiator and the surrounding areas. Keep in mind the Vararam is much less restrictive than most air intakes so even with the grill covered you would still likely see some gains in throttle response.

Also if you do decide to get an Air Grabber, consider getting an Outerwear pre filter.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=135729&share_fid=17770&share_type=t

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO--he ships stuff so fast you don't have enough time to think of a BS story in case another family member finds the package at the door----if you know what I mean LOL
Jay

ignitionOrange17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So turns out time flys when you’re having fun!!!! The Vararam was purchased 3 years ago and Vararam said they have a 1 year warranty. They were good enough to send me a new base to fix my issue at a discounted rate so I am satisfied. However I do wonder why this happened. They are sending me measurements on the coupling to see if it is too tall. We will see!

ignitionOrange17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
did you remember like they show in video. to readjust the ac line on the passenger fender well so it was not to high.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
do any of you guys know of a compatible paper filter instead of the gauze style?

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Seen the video, but he didn't show you how he installed his or put the filter on and attach everything. I don't believe he was assembling it correctly because the filter, base and top has to be lined up "methodically" before tightening everything down.
I've never had a spec of dust get past my filter.
I agree with dbush above, the guy is a moron that can't follow simple directions. (I added the moron, but it fits)

how did you make that scoop that is attached to yours?? I would think that would bring more air to the intake

OP
OP
Dbush36

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
how did you make that scoop that is attached to yours?? I would think that would bring more air to the intake

That scoop is part of the Vararam. They all have one and it is designed to do exactly that.