Vibration when driving 60 to 70 mph - 2019 big horn hemi v8 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MelissaLeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi v8 5.7
I have a 2019 Big Horn v8 5.7
Vibration in the front. Thought tires needed to be balanced. Dealership balances the tires. Still doing it. Took back to the dealership, said I needed tie rods. Tie rods replaced. Still doing it. Took it back to the dealership, drove truck with service manager. Rebalanced tires, said was originally balanced with the machine they having issues with. Hum. Said it was better to let them know if any issues, might be the tires. Replaced the tires. Still happening! So has tires aligned. Still happening. Back to the dealership. Said it might be my transmission. Scheduled for them to have it all next week. They need to figure it out.
Anyone having the same or similar issue?

wrigley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WOW. Sorry that you are having this problem, I know it must be frustrating. Since you still have a couple of days until you drop your truck off at the dealership next week, personally, I would take the truck to a reputable tire store and have them check the tire balancing and your front end alignment. I know you put new tires on the truck but I would get a second opinion before I let the dealership have my vehicle for a week and hope they find the problem. Good luck to you. :)

Mike

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I would never return to that dealer for any kind of service ,find a different dealer or an independent repair shop. This one is just giving you the run around and probably offering parts and services that are not needed . My money is on the balance.

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Rotate the tires and see what happens.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rotate tires, have PSI confirmed, also have tires Road-force Balanced. Last have alignment checked and confirmed.

OP
OP
M

MelissaLeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi v8 5.7
WOW. Sorry that you are having this problem, I know it must be frustrating. Since you still have a couple of days until you drop your truck off at the dealership next week, personally, I would take the truck to a reputable tire store and have them check the tire balancing and your front end alignment. I know you put new tires on the truck but I would get a second opinion before I let the dealership have my vehicle for a week and hope they find the problem. Good luck to you. :)

Mike
Thank you for your suggestion. I should have added - I did take it to a reputable tire company. They replaced the tires and did the alignment for me. Other individuals I spoke with suggested having the shocks checked and someone else mentioned something about a weight on a arm might have come loose or fallen off.

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Had the same thing happening with my truck. Just got it out of service 3 days ago. Was a bad right side axle and differential. Thankfully I have MaxCare which covered it except my 200 deductible. Rides like a champ now.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
Had the same thing happening with my truck. Just got it out of service 3 days ago. Was a bad right side axle and differential. Thankfully I have MaxCare which covered it except my 200 deductible. Rides like a champ now.
Front differential or rear? Did dealer do any other work before confirming that? Was the vibration constant or did it come and go as it pleases or constantly give a hum every other second or so. Have a weird vibe in mine between 45-55 that seems rotational

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Front differential or rear? Did dealer do any other work before confirming that? Was the vibration constant or did it come and go as it pleases or constantly give a hum every other second or so. Have a weird vibe in mine between 45-55 that seems rotational
It came and went. Front. I actually found the movement in the axle during an oil change, lots of up and down movement. I took it to the dealer with the complaint of vibration and told them I found the movement. They said it needed the dif as well as the axle I found.

BuschLatte420

chill water by day, drink beer by night
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 classic tradesmen crew cab 6’4 box
Engine
5.7L NON E-TORQUE 3.92 gears 4x4
It came and went. Front. I actually found the movement in the axle during an oil change, lots of up and down movement. I took it to the dealer with the complaint of vibration and told them I found the movement. They said it needed the dif as well as the axle I found.
Gonna have to go give mine a wiggle now, it’s annoying!