Vibrations - worse with 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patriot5O

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Good day to you! I have a new '23 1500 Limited, less than 800 miles right now. Noticed a vibration in the steering wheel with normal driving. Out of 10, I'd rate it a 3.

When switching to 4WD Auto or 4WD High, the vibration goes to about a 6/7 and I can feel it throughout the truck, including the accelerator, seat and floor boards.

Best way to duplicate is 4th gear, ~1900 rpms, 4WD Auto and giving slight or moderate gas keeping 32 mph. When truck coasts, no vibration. It does it at other speeds, but definitely the strongest around 1900 rpms and in 4WD.

Any ideas? I don't want to waste time dropping it the dealer for 3 days for them to tell me it's normal.

Thank you in advance!!

avdk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi, It's definetely not normal. I have a 2021 RAM Sport and I notice no difference in driving in 4WD High or 2WD. No extra sounds or vibration.

OP
OP
Patriot5O

Patriot5O

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Of course the dealer said "It's normal." They proceeded to give me a spiel about the MDS is likely causing the vibrations and that it is just a characteristic of the truck.

NO! Just no! It is not normal and it is not caused by the MDS.

I'm hoping someone on these forums (sooner rather than later ) experienced the same so I can go back to the dealer and say "Hey, this is what the problem is. Fix it."

Love the truck. Absolutely hate driving it right now.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Squeaky wheel gets the grease, keep complaining. Go back in and take the service guy for a ride. Use the manual shift to shut off MDS so he stops trying to brush you off with that.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Of course the dealer said "It's normal." They proceeded to give me a spiel about the MDS is likely causing the vibrations and that it is just a characteristic of the truck.

NO! Just no! It is not normal and it is not caused by the MDS.

I'm hoping someone on these forums (sooner rather than later ) experienced the same so I can go back to the dealer and say "Hey, this is what the problem is. Fix it."

Love the truck. Absolutely hate driving it right now.
Find a better dealer that one is a confirmed liar, I would not trust them to air my tires.

DanAR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 23 Limited has about the same miles on it and no such vibration. Yes, I feel the stop/start, it’s not undetectable. But the MDS, the only highway jaunt I’ve taken with it was prior to learning what MDS stood for - and so far I’ve never been able to detect it at all or any other strange vibration or feel at speed. I wonder if it is even functioning on my truck but I guess if it wasn’t I would be getting a light or code if it wasn’t. I‘d be taking it back to the dealer - or another dealer, pronto.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517