2021 Ram 1500 Laramie Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Picatinny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have something like this going on?????? 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4, 8spd auto 8HP75 trans and 3.92 gears with 8300 Miles. From day one I felt it but it is growing worse. Vibration felt in steering wheel, seat back, console between 52-67MPH. While decelerating from 70-54, At around 56MPH vibration can be felt consistently. Occasionally can feel vibration at other speeds (40ish, 70-80ish). Been back to purchasing dealer (RT46 DRCJ in Little Falls NJ) twice.

1st trip they replaced front drive shaft and sent me on my way. Hit the highway and the vibration was worse. Problem with this dealer service department is they refuse to let me talk with a service manager. Can't get someone with authority on the line. Took me 4 weeks to get it back in. 2nd trip, the tech said I had 3 tires out of balance and they re-balanced them. Sooooo we went for a ride along with the service tech (who couldn't get it to happen) noticed it with me driving immediately pulling off their lot onto the highway. They replaced the rear drive shaft....Picked it up and told it was gone, hit the highway and guess what, yup, still there!

I swear there is lateral play left to right in both rear wheels. I can produce a clunk (sound and feel) in the hub/lug nut area by rocking the bed from left to right. I also jacked up the rear end, grabbed the tire on both sides and was able to make it clunk by pulling and pushing inward and outward. The clunk sound appears to come from the diff itself. Tech told me it is the c-clip in the differential allowing play and it is normal.

Love the truck, hate to start looking into the Lemon Law however I go about doing that, but on a $70K truck that I don't even want to use anymore, well a man has to do what a man has to do! HELP!!!!!!! Any ideas on what it can be?

RodRamCar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 4x4 w/ 3.92s
Anyone have something like this going on?????? 2021 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4, 8spd auto 8HP75 trans and 3.92 gears with 8300 Miles. From day one I felt it but it is growing worse. Vibration felt in steering wheel, seat back, console between 52-67MPH. While decelerating from 70-54, At around 56MPH vibration can be felt consistently. Occasionally can feel vibration at other speeds (40ish, 70-80ish). Been back to purchasing dealer (RT46 DRCJ in Little Falls NJ) twice.

1st trip they replaced front drive shaft and sent me on my way. Hit the highway and the vibration was worse. Problem with this dealer service department is they refuse to let me talk with a service manager. Can't get someone with authority on the line. Took me 4 weeks to get it back in. 2nd trip, the tech said I had 3 tires out of balance and they re-balanced them. Sooooo we went for a ride along with the service tech (who couldn't get it to happen) noticed it with me driving immediately pulling off their lot onto the highway. They replaced the rear drive shaft....Picked it up and told it was gone, hit the highway and guess what, yup, still there!

I swear there is lateral play left to right in both rear wheels. I can produce a clunk (sound and feel) in the hub/lug nut area by rocking the bed from left to right. I also jacked up the rear end, grabbed the tire on both sides and was able to make it clunk by pulling and pushing inward and outward. The clunk sound appears to come from the diff itself. Tech told me it is the c-clip in the differential allowing play and it is normal.

Love the truck, hate to start looking into the Lemon Law however I go about doing that, but on a $70K truck that I don't even want to use anymore, well a man has to do what a man has to do! HELP!!!!!!! Any ideas on what it can be?
noises from a differential that causes any kind of play that is that noticeable is in no way, normal. I would speak with the dealership one more time, or go to a different dealership and have them look at it with maybe a different opinion. If you face opposition, contact Ram corporate and speak with someone about not getting anywhere. Keep notes of everything the techs tell you and verify it with corporate then threaten lemon law if they won't help.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also jacked up the rear end, grabbed the tire on both sides and was able to make it clunk by pulling and pushing inward and outward. The clunk sound appears to come from the diff itself. Tech told me it is the c-clip in the differential allowing play and it is normal.
Where the axle shafts are held into the carrier you will get some in/out clunk because the C rings are not a tight fit, have them or a shop road force balance all 4 tires.

Familyman0803

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Could it be the wheel bearings, had my tires balanced, truck re aligned and they couldn't figure it out. Had my normal mechanic look and my fr9nt right wheel bearings was jacked up some how. When your truck is in the air, your tires should not have any real play!

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The biggest problem is the techs work on flat rate and replace what they are told
Book 5 appointments for every day of the week and when they ask tell them you make me wait too long to fix the problem not fixed so I need to be proactive

ramcharger1967

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Just because the tires are balanced doesn't mean they are round.
Tires and wheels each have their high and low points. Neither are perfectly round.
When you mount a tire onto a wheel and the high and low points match up you have a less than round assembly.
Imagine rolling an egg end to end.
As someone else mentioned have them roadforce checked.
Roadforce is a type of balance machine made by Hunter. Most dealers have one.
Or find a high end tire shop

ramcharger1967

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The biggest problem is the techs work on flat rate and replace what they are told
Book 5 appointments for every day of the week and when they ask tell them you make me wait too long to fix the problem not fixed so I need to be proactive
And the manufactures and dealers wonder why there is a shortage of good techs.