[Video] 2014 5.7 HEMI MBRP Exhaust Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
In case anybody wanted to hear what the system sounds like. MBRP Catback (304 stainless) on my 2014 RAM 1500 Sport w/ the 5.7L HEMI V8.

MBRP | Products

Purchased from TDot performance.

Link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aafCOfwYHA

Pros:
  • Amazing sound, both in cabin and out.
  • Loud!
  • Noticable performance increase
Cons:
  • Tend to wake anyone in the neighborhood up if I start the truck early in the morning or late at night. :flipthebird:
  • Little bit of drone when between 2300RPM - 3000RPM.

Other mods are listed in my signature.

Last edited:

doz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In case anybody wanted to hear what the system sounds like. MBRP Catback (304 stainless) on my 2014 RAM 1500 Sport w/ the 5.7L HEMI V8.

MBRP | Products

Purchased from TDot performance.

Link to the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aafCOfwYHA

Pros:
  • Amazing sound, both in cabin and out.
  • Loud!
  • Noticable performance increase
Cons:
  • Tend to wake anyone in the neighborhood up if I start the truck early in the morning or late at night. :flipthebird:
  • Little bit of drone when between 2300RPM - 3000RPM.

Other mods are listed in my signature.

Not to put down your review, but you wont notice a performance increase from any cat-back or muffler on our trucks unless you change out the y-pipe and exhaust manifolds along with it. Change them all day long, the only thing that will change is the sound.

Appreciate your review on it and thanks for the video though!

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
It's a very solid product, have had it on mine for a while after my magnaflows rotted out. Bought it from TDOT perf as well. Good stuff.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds great has that throaty sound similar to flowmaster. I bought my exhaust from Tdot as well!

OP
OP
Revo

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Not to put down your review, but you wont notice a performance increase from any cat-back or muffler on our trucks unless you change out the y-pipe and exhaust manifolds along with it. Change them all day long, the only thing that will change is the sound.

Appreciate your review on it and thanks for the video though!
I see, I feel as though I've felt a difference in the low-med end. Thanks for the info! :favorites13:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Another T dot buyer here! That's where I got my MBRP system! I've got almost 10,000 kms on mine now and love it!

pld

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That system sounds awesome! T dot has these for $596.00 plus our Canadian taxes w/ free shipping?

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do you know if its the perforated core or chambered core?

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
That system sounds awesome! T dot has these for $596.00 plus our Canadian taxes w/ free shipping?
Mine was even cheaper! Came out to 501.39 tax in! Free shipping into Ontario as well! Part # S5146AL

All the MBRP systems made for our trucks sound the same. (Same mufflers and pipe sizes are used) You can get different qualities of metal though for different prices!

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
When i looked on the mbrp site in the universal gas muffler section they have the two types, chambered core and perf core (like a magnaflow i imagine)
And in the description for the duals kits like the op bought it does not specify which style, just the metal grade

OP
OP
Revo

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
When i looked on the mbrp site in the universal gas muffler section they have the two types, chambered core and perf core (like a magnaflow i imagine)
And in the description for the duals kits like the op bought it does not specify which style, just the metal grade
They're pretty quick with their e-mail support. Give them a shout:
MBRP | Contact Us

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
2 Big Thumbs Up!!!

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Here is the response i got on the difference between the two styles and what is included in the hemi kits. Sent it off last night and got the response this morning, pretty cool.

Our perforated cores are the most aggressive tone where the chambered core
would be what is used for the ram pick-up trucks.
Now the perforated cores is what we use on the mustang races series and is
more of a resonator like design where the chambered ones still give you a
nice sound but is a little less Decibels and a bit of a more mellow tone. I
would recommend the chambered muffler unless you are looking for even more
sound however you may experience some cabin noise with the perforated.
Thanks much and any further questions please do not hesitate to ask!

OP
OP
Revo

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Here is the response i got on the difference between the two styles and what is included in the hemi kits. Sent it off last night and got the response this morning, pretty cool.
Learn something new every day. :)

Diminus

Reaction score
Labrador City, Newfoundland and Labrador Canada
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MBRP has some really nice systems and priced good , put a cat back on the girlfriends avalanche for her birthday gift. Sounds better then my 14" magnaflow on my ram. God it's nice when your girlfriend is into trucks , snowmobiles and bikes. Makes shopping so much easier :)

OP
OP
Revo

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
MBRP has some really nice systems and priced good , put a cat back on the girlfriends avalanche for her birthday gift. Sounds better then my 14" magnaflow on my ram. God it's nice when your girlfriend is into trucks , snowmobiles and bikes. Makes shopping so much easier :)
Sounds like you found a keeper. :favorites13:

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l

This is great information, I am a welder and build all my own exhaust. I have always liked the mbrp sound and had no idea what muffler they used. Jegs sells just mbrp mufflers by them selfs, I can save myself a lot of money by just putting one of there muffler on. Thanks!

To OP sounds great thanks for shareing!