Vinyl cover for interior trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iasodbuster75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm wanting to wrap some trim pieces in my truck to closely match the truck color. My Ram is a '19 1500 classic in blue pearl streak. Does anyone know a close match?

Tramodeus

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You may want to check into any local shops in your area that wrap vehicles. They'll likely have a good idea of what will come out as a close match, or even have some scrap on hand.

Presently I'm considering painting some of my interior trim (had the same arrangement on my last vehicle) and ran across the idea of wrapping. I'm a real estate agent, and the place I order my signs from also does vehicle wraps. Next time I'm in there, I plan on asking them about it.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMO, with that bright color, I would go very subtle (few) interior pieces. Otherwise, it will look like an interior of a "2001 sport compact driven by a 17-yr-old"....

james.price.58

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMO, with that bright color, I would go very subtle (few) interior pieces. Otherwise, it will look like an interior of a "2001 sport compact driven by a 17-yr-old"....
Agree with this! I have a Blue Streak Pearl '17 Laramie and started this morning with just plain carbon fiber...I like the look but what a pain!!! I had originally thought about doing a blue also, but wasn't enthused by the look once I received it. It matched fairly close, but seemed as if it would be too much color. Here's the blue carbon fiber I ordered and returned for the black:

https://www.amazon.com/VViViD-Elect...&s=gateway&sprefix=blue+carbon,aps,208&sr=8-4

cell3-22 132.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Iasodbuster75

Iasodbuster75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the input. I need to rethink about my color choice. Especially being 44 and not some teenage kid.

james.price.58

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the input. I need to rethink about my color choice. Especially being 44 and not some teenage kid.

The blue carbon fiber I ordered was REALLY bright. A solid blue (if you could find one that matches) may look good as I've seen another post where someone did red and it looked nice.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Agree with this! I have a Blue Streak Pearl '17 Laramie and started this morning with just plain carbon fiber...I like the look but what a pain!!! I had originally thought about doing a blue also, but wasn't enthused by the look once I received it. It matched fairly close, but seemed as if it would be too much color. Here's the blue carbon fiber I ordered and returned for the black:

https://www.amazon.com/VViViD-Electric-Carbon-Release-Technology/dp/B00FXYBBAG/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2EHI26O8NU0WN&keywords=blue+carbon+fiber+wrap&qid=1553609759&s=gateway&sprefix=blue+carbon,aps,208&sr=8-4

View attachment 160477

Did you have to take the radio surround completely apart to do it or did you do it still assembled? I seem to recall that it's plastic welded together.

-K

james.price.58

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you have to take the radio surround completely apart to do it or did you do it still assembled? I seem to recall that it's plastic welded together.

-K
I took the entire assembly apart. That allows the vinyl to be wrapped around the inside completely. I took it inside as a large piece, then removed all the screws in the back to remove the vents, radio surround, etc...It's a bit of work, but very low cost!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

https://www.amazon.com/VViViD-Electric-Carbon-Release-Technology/dp/B00FXYBBAG/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2EHI26O8NU0WN&keywords=blue+carbon+fiber+wrap&qid=1553609759&s=gateway&sprefix=blue+carbon,aps,208&sr=8-4

View attachment 160477
For the carbon vinyl wrap you did on the radio bezel trim, did you do it in place or remove the bezel? Did you then remove the trim from the bezel? Could you please post some details about how you did this? It looks great and I'd like to do something similar.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I took the entire assembly apart. That allows the vinyl to be wrapped around the inside completely. I took it inside as a large piece, then removed all the screws in the back to remove the vents, radio surround, etc...It's a bit of work, but very low cost!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Did you mess with any plastic weld or were you able to get the trim off cleanly without breaking any welds?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007