Virginia drivers are the worst!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I have been here for about a year and a half and have had nearly a dozen near accidents by aggressive drivers here, don't know why but everybody here just seems to be angry. Well this morning actually had a high school chick change lanes from right to left straight into my truck. Said I was in her blind spot but really I think it was the dude that was riding her bumper and she changed lanes without looking but who knows.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 49

rut1095

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, It has 1
What part of Va? There is a difference between northern Va and everywhere else. What the hell was she driving to get on top of your fender or was it her mirror?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ouch dude that sucks. And what was she driving. Or was that from her mirror

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
Yeah I'm down in Virginia Beach, people are the worst drivers in the country, still better than asia though. I've been everywhere.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
Actually I have, and let me tell you, nobody has anything on the Philippines, lanes don't mean a damn thing over there.

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't doubt that. I love when Top Gear does one of their challenges in a place like that it's nuts.

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Try Brampton in Ontario, highest insurance rates in all of Canada. LOL. Fresh off the boat folks from Pakistan with new licenses learning to drive on our side of the road.:Stupid Me:

That's a nasty hit though, hopefully you're covered!

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Virginia beach and she was driving a stock 2001 Toyota Camry (insured). I think her front driver wheel connected first to my bumper and climbed from there, and my truck just pushed her out of the way so all I felt was a little vibration and barely heard the crunch. It's kind of hard to see but I think her wheel is a little scuffed, broke her mirror and left tire marks on her driver door but that is about all on the car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
And the side of my truck all the way down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 41
OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'd got out and punched her square in the tit.

That's pretty funny, her mom showed up and she fessed up to being at fault, couldn't argue with that but the cop on the other hand needed a tit punch, officer said since no one was injured and the damage was less than $1500 that a police report wasn't need so I asked her if she actually saw the side of my truck.

It's actually kind of funny because I just got the truck back last Friday from the body shop from the same side getting hit while it was parked so this should just about replace that entire side.

Quigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dispatch at a state police barracks here in PA, we would have handled it the same way. If both vehicles are drivable, insured, and no body is injured then we wouldn't even need to respond it's just a simple info swap. If we did respond there would still be a police report just not a crash investigation.

OP
OP
G

Gunz86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I dispatch at a state police barracks here in PA, we would have handled it the same way. If both vehicles are drivable, insured, and no body is injured then we wouldn't even need to respond it's just a simple info swap. If we did respond there would still be a police report just not a crash investigation.

That's good to hear, I thought she was just being lazy but this clears that up lol.

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Until your insurance company wants a police report......

And yes, there are a lot of bad drivers in VA, but I have been in worse places in the US....not even gonna mention other countries.

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The worst drivers I've encountered have been in Atlanta. I swear somebody put a bounty on my head every time I got on Interstates 75 or 85.

Sucks about your truck, though. At least she's insured and fessed up to it being her fault. And really, even if you had been in her blind spot, that's not an excuse for her not looking.

Last edited:

vtron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Moved from NJ to VA about 10 years ago and VA drivers are much worse. Just yesterday, I saw a woman make a U-turn from the far right lane across 3 lanes of moving traffic.

However, neither have anything on Maryland drivers. Holy crap they're bad.

Badunit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
However, neither have anything on Maryland drivers. Holy crap they're bad.

I was hoping someone else would chime in with that. My experience with MD drivers isn't that they are "dangerous", they are just annoying. They get in the fast lane and go slow. When you try to pass them, they speed up and don't let you by (then they slow back down when you give up). If you pass one, they will speed up and ride your butt until they have a chance to pass you, then they will slow down once they are in front of you. On 2-lane roads they typically drive 5-10 mph under the speed limit. It used to get me so pissed off but it is so stereotypical of a MD driver to act this way that it has become a game trying to spot them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilo670