Volant CAI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve had a couple over the years. I like the Donaldson filters but the air boxes never fit without sometimes a lot of modifications and sometimes parts were missing. I’ve also used S&B and it was fine except you have to remove part of the wheel well liner. I currently have an Injen….looks great, fits absolutely perfect. Like all the others it adds zero power or gas mileage.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would save your money because 99% of the CAI kits do nothing for performance or mileage, only make more noise. Because the stock air filter is a very good cold air intake system, and the oem air filter will outflow the throttle body. If you want to spend money for a good upgrade, check out the Diablo i3 plus tuner, this will really make a difference.

OP
OP
Dave Haddon

Dave Haddon

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys..i just like the appearance of the clear view top, and the smooth mid pipe..realize little gains but some noise.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yea. They look cool but volant has little sound as it’s closed like the oem. K&n is noisy

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I replace my kn intake with a jlt intake. Much easier install and better made

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have been running volants for over 18 years , I guess I like them. Sealed box under hood ,extra cold air through bumper ,and a Donaldson power core filter. They work very well for my wants/needs .

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I would save your money because 99% of the CAI kits do nothing for performance or mileage, only make more noise. Because the stock air filter is a very good cold air intake system, and the oem air filter will outflow the throttle body. If you want to spend money for a good upgrade, check out the Diablo i3 plus tuner, this will really make a difference.
Does Diablo support 21's now,last i heard they didn't,but then again i don't pay much attention to Diablo.If they don't support 21's,he might have to step up to HP to tune it. That's if he even wants to tune it,alot of guys with trucks still under warrenty ,don't want to tune them