Wabble?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GaryB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys I have a 2012 Dodge Ram Big Horn crew cab. 102,000. I'm used to building old jeeps. Newer suspension is new to me. I have noticed a wobble at mid to lower rpms in the gears. Gets worse as I give it some throttle without having it drop a gear. Thought it might be the tires out of balance and they needed to be replaced. Stock suspension. Just had new bfg at ko2 275-65-20 put on. Still there and I notice it more now. I have heard about the pinion nut recall. To me it feels like a shaft u joint. Quick inspection they felt ok, think I'm going to do the rear shaft anyways. Any ideas?

Thanks
Gary

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Does it matter the speed? Or is it only at certain rpm? In would run you vin on Chrysler website to see if you are covered under the recall and or if it's been completed.

Bent wheel or bad balance job is possible my old 06 I got new tires from a local mom and pop shop and had a vibration took it to discount tire rebalaced and was good to go, they said who ever balanced it did a lazy balance and that's why it never did fully balance right.

OP
OP
G

GaryB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
All speeds. After racking my brain last night I decided to go look at the rims to check the balance weight. Drivers front has none. Must not have held.