Wanting to swap 2012 Laramie Longhorn Console to Jumpseat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cclevenger13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L 6-cylinder diesel
Hello, We have a 2012 Laramie Longhorn that has the full console to the floor. It's beautiful and I love it, but we had our 4th kid and rather than buying a new truck. I figured it would be easier to swap out the center console to a jump seat. I have read quite a few posts on this, but I am still struggling with what parts I will need to purchase. I found a local shop that will do the swap for me, but I have to purchase all the parts. I am guessing we will need some extra pieces to the front dash that will go down to the floor, along with the jumpseat. I am sure there are other pieces that are needed, but I don't even know how to search for the specific parts. Does anyone have a list of the parts and (part numbers?) to make this swap? Thanks for any help.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If yours has the shifter in the middle then I am not usre how you can swap it over to a jump seat without replacing steering colum ect. Also keep in mind it is not safe for kids to sit in the jump seat no airbag.

OP
OP
C

cclevenger13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L 6-cylinder diesel
It does not have the shifter on the floor. It is on the steering wheel. This would not be our daily driver. We just don't want to take 2 vehicles to go camping and we need the truck to pull the 5th wheel.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It does not have the shifter on the floor. It is on the steering wheel. This would not be our daily driver. We just don't want to take 2 vehicles to go camping and we need the truck to pull the 5th wheel.
ok that makes it easier then just go to a junk yard get the seat lower console and dash bezel shouldnt be hard to do.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I am guessing here,
you must have a 2500 or 3500 Ram ??

Having the Shift handle already on the steering column, make the conversion much easier.

The only thing to think about, would be where the wires will be run.
Disconnect the Battery

Just unplug & unbolt both the drivers & passenger seats

Then lift the armrest on the console, unplug the cigarette lighter & other wires.

Remove the rubber mat that is almost against the dash board, pop the plastic parts off.

Unbolt the console, be careful of the wires & any module on the transmission/driveshaft tunnel.

I looked at a place in OHIO for the parts, but they think their parts are made of precious metals.

Look around eBay, etc.
it should not cost more than $250

Your console will sell for almost twice that

your present unit will not have the shifter or many of the wires

1687647527852.png

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
A suggestion, someone near you might pay you to do the swap if the can have your console. It may be worth posting here...

Azmp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
A suggestion, someone near you might pay you to do the swap if the can have your console. It may be worth posting here...

I would literally do that haha. I’m doing the opposite swap right now and have all the parts, that will be going on eBay Haha

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am in the same boat. I have 5 boys, so we all barely fit with the jump seat. You will also need a seatbelt. I had to replace mine. I found it on eBay. It was a quick change. I assume your truck would have the hole for it as well. That is another thing to think about.

Spsully

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
soooooo, I previously put the 4th gen jump seat in my 3rd gen. and now I am taking it out and dropping the center console in. I wont have the bottom part of your dash, but I do have the seat, seatbelt, and under seat console.

Mordechai

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I replaced my jump seat with a subwoofer box, have all the parts. Brackets, seatbelts, etc

Shoop626

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 VVT
I have a 2013 with gray cloth interior, I have the jump seat. I want to swap to the floor console. Have no need for the jump seat. Would be willing to trade. Its just the basic jumpseat no underseat storage. Be awesome if you were closer to NJ.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357