WARNING - Drag Link - Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Watch the video, very important. If you’re crawling under your truck and making sure the marks lineup from factory on your drag link you could be in trouble. Mine were way off!

Last edited:
Reactions: U&A
OP
OP
HammerHead

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
That is some crappy welding. The right side nut has zero weld penetration.
I actually didn’t want them to weld it, I’m happy with a simple Tack Weld.
Being a certified welder I will agree on the crappy job; can’t believe this is considered an acceptable solution by FCA.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually didn’t want them to weld it, I’m happy with a simple Tack Weld.
Being a certified welder I will agree on the crappy job; can’t believe this is considered an acceptable solution by FCA.
FCA = Fast? Cheap? Accept!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
HammerHead

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Now that I think of it I’ve seen a lot that were painted after the recall, so you can’t see how far off the nuts were from factory. I wonder if this was by design?

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
It’s a temp fix... till replacement part comes out. Some take this wayyyy more seriously than it needs to be lol. Mines. It welded I check it. There’s other cheap fixes that allow you to not crawl under truck often too. I got more stuff to worry about than fca’s welding skills ahaha

OP
OP
HammerHead

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
When I had my recall done I asked about a permanent fix; the dealership had no idea. No word from FCA.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It’s a temp fix... till replacement part comes out. Some take this wayyyy more seriously than it needs to be lol. Mines. It welded I check it. There’s other cheap fixes that allow you to not crawl under truck often too. I got more stuff to worry about than fca’s welding skills ahaha

Wouldn’t this be a pretty big issue if the nut backs off? Seems like it would be pretty bad if not noticed. Right up there with the pinion nut recall.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Wouldn’t this be a pretty big issue if the nut backs off? Seems like it would be pretty bad if not noticed. Right up there with the pinion nut recall.
Hell yeah. If it comes loose it’s a huge deal. What I’m saying is we now know it’s an issue. I choose to mark mine and look under my truck once a week or so. It hasn’t moved. If you never look at it you’d not know its loose till she comes apart. Id rather crawl under truck and check it vs having a dealer weld it so it’s a hassle for alignment. I just think it’s not a huge deal. Weld it or crawl under truck and check it lol. I’ll wait for a permanent fix. If they never come out with one I’ll replace it

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Hell yeah. If it comes loose it’s a huge deal. What I’m saying is we now know it’s an issue. I choose to mark mine and look under my truck once a week or so. It hasn’t moved. If you never look at it you’d not know its loose till she comes apart. Id rather crawl under truck and check it vs having a dealer weld it so it’s a hassle for alignment. I just think it’s not a huge deal. Weld it or crawl under truck and check it lol. I’ll wait for a permanent fix. If they never come out with one I’ll replace it

My concern is they won't ever release a revised link. Instead fca will just weld them and let future owners deal with alingment headaches.

Fca must have good connections to get a recall such as welding of steering components (something not typically done) as a government approved recall procedure.

I believe tachtech stated months ago that a revised link was available but very few trucks would ever get one. That spoke volumes to me about the true intentions of fca on this matter.

I hope I'm wrong and they do the right thing or my next truck will be a superduty