Warning to all 2019 ram owners and future owners need to read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2019ramtruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Some of the fourth generation Rams had a leaking 3rd brake light seal also.

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Any way to really test this to make sure it’s ok before taking delivery?

OP
OP

2019ramtruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So bad of water, damaged items that were under seat.
Any way to really test this to make sure it’s ok before taking delivery?

First thing I would do now is to see if the antenna fin can be moved side to side and up and down. If it does walk away. FCA dealers will not properly clean any damage that has happens my trucks interior needs to be removed and all the padding replaced. Their claim is not something they do, Also they are no concerned about any rusting issues that may happen down the road.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow, you sure got a lemon of a truck!!! You’ve had nothing but problems...

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wow that’s terrible, sorry to hear this

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I listed the same posting but I had only had mine for less then 8 hours when I found the leak. It was coming from a improperly sealed roof antenna. Then also tested and found part of the rear window seal was bad and leaking. Thankfully it was caught before a big storm came and took me down.

Made them do a high pressure water test before I took delivery again.

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
First thing I would do now is to see if the antenna fin can be moved side to side and up and down. If it does walk away.

That’s good advise nor would I have thought to really check that prior. My truck finally started it’s build 2 days ago so hopefully I’ll have it at the end of June by the time it ships.

I did a little google search and it seems like every car with a shark fin has had some issues randomly. Lots of chatter on this for 2500 Chevy/GMC trucks. Appears to be very random but in the end it’s poor QA.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Really wished they’d come up with a different antenna design. I don’t think there is a vehicle on the planet that looks good with a shark fin.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
So bad of water, damaged items that were under seat.

First thing I would do now is to see if the antenna fin can be moved side to side and up and down. If it does walk away. FCA dealers will not properly clean any damage that has happens my trucks interior needs to be removed and all the padding replaced. Their claim is not something they do, Also they are no concerned about any rusting issues that may happen down the road.

This is wrong. It is a warranty issue and should be completely repaired and replaced. My father had his ceiling liner and various pieces inside replaced when this happened to his 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Mine doesn’t move (it flexes understandably) but I do see a small gap in the back of the seal. I tried to take a picture but I suck.

793fe9b0b90b48d476fc79d49e6a6197.heic

1ea4ca735d83f5f377c8ea1cda681159.heic

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
@op, there’s a **** ton of electrical connections under seats and behind trim on floor, also there’s electrical moduals behind the kick plates, etc, etc. All of the affected area will start to corrode and cause some funky weird **** to happen. I’d be on their or fca’s ass on this one. Jmho. Good luck, hope things work out.

Mercury250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L E torque
Why does everyone point to another company with similar issues they found? This is RAM and FCA. I have one on order, but this is just stupid. There are not very many 2019's produced and you can google it and find a PILE of issues. 12" Uconnect gremlins, leaking antenna, misaligned bumpers, clunking transmissions, lighting issues. Seriously? The more I read the more I am second guessing my decision. My dad has a FIRST YEAR in fact one of the first build 2007 Toyota Tundra and he still has it. NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM EVER aside from normal wear and regular maintenance. I have another buddy with a 2 year old Platinum Tundra. NOT ONE SINGLE ISSUE. But FCA products are now starting to worry me. Seems to be almost the bottom in quality. I have had a couple issues with my F150, but that started after 5 years of ownership. FCA needs to make some changes.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Why does everyone point to another company with similar issues they found? This is RAM and FCA. I have one on order, but this is just stupid. There are not very many 2019's produced and you can google it and find a PILE of issues. 12" Uconnect gremlins, leaking antenna, misaligned bumpers, clunking transmissions, lighting issues. Seriously? The more I read the more I am second guessing my decision. My dad has a FIRST YEAR in fact one of the first build 2007 Toyota Tundra and he still has it. NOT ONE SINGLE PROBLEM EVER aside from normal wear and regular maintenance. I have another buddy with a 2 year old Platinum Tundra. NOT ONE SINGLE ISSUE. But FCA products are now starting to worry me. Seems to be almost the bottom in quality. I have had a couple issues with my F150, but that started after 5 years of ownership. FCA needs to make some changes.

While I agree that we shouldn’t use other manufacturers as a basis, I am assuming you didn’t do the same Google search for the Tundra as they had an overwhelming amount of complaints (and still do). Like the RAM, not everyone suffers these and like the RAM, many of them were user based. People don’t come online to tell you their bumpers are aligned and they have no leaks. They come to complain. Thus, if you intentionally search for complaints, you’ll find them.

Mercury250

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L E torque
While I agree that we shouldn’t use other manufacturers as a basis, I am assuming you didn’t do the same Google search for the Tundra as they had an overwhelming amount of complaints (and still do). Like the RAM, not everyone suffers these and like the RAM, many of them were user based. People don’t come online to tell you their bumpers are aligned and they have no leaks. They come to complain. Thus, if you intentionally search for complaints, you’ll find them.

True. But then you can look at consumer reports.