Warranty Issue -Dealship ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandyHut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was experiencing some issues with my 2019 2500 Ram Cummins truck, 27400 miles. When i bought the truck it had no scratches in the bed, and the Hitch looked 100 percent unused, with 17k miles, so i don't suspect it was abused. I installed a 5th wheel hitch and have pulled my camper 30' a few short trips and do not abuse it either.
Started having some issues that i suspect are PUMP related and took it to the dealer for a look. The dealer said my diesel mechanic drove it and looked at the codes, and it has a problem that we can't identify. We have contacted FCA and are waiting on them. Now i can't seem to get any answers as to what the heck is wrong and or how long it might be before it is fixed.
Very frustrating!

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Search out a different dealer .

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
If it has a CP4 fuel pump on it, it will have problems. They are on recall / replace to revert back to the reliable CP3 models, with no word on schedule that I last heard. I only track this because I worked indirectly for Cummins for 22 years.

OP
OP
R

RandyHut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, i received a recall letter already, truck was running ok, they said no parts available yet for that. truck started having some issues a few weeks ago, stuttering occasionally, i called them, they couldn't get it in until last Thursday. Right away they said, it's got a problem, we are not sure what it is and now they won't tell me anything. My daughter is a lawyer, may have to get her involved. RAM certainly doesn't seem to care.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I was experiencing some issues with my 2019 2500 Ram Cummins truck, 27400 miles. When i bought the truck it had no scratches in the bed, and the Hitch looked 100 percent unused, with 17k miles, so i don't suspect it was abused. I installed a 5th wheel hitch and have pulled my camper 30' a few short trips and do not abuse it either.
Started having some issues that i suspect are PUMP related and took it to the dealer for a look. The dealer said my diesel mechanic drove it and looked at the codes, and it has a problem that we can't identify. We have contacted FCA and are waiting on them. Now i can't seem to get any answers as to what the heck is wrong and or how long it might be before it is fixed.
Very frustrating!
Hi Randy,
We're sorry to hear that you have these concerns. If you are in need of additional support while in service, please let us know via PM. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance while in service.

Rob
Ram Cares