Warranty on new Ram 1500 Longhorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Retired Navy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why does Mopor require photos from dealer to get the work completed. My problems are passenger side sun visor broken falls out of its bracket when you touch it or hit a bump. Top of dash, the lather has started to separator. Tail gate won't open at times using all three way to get it open.
Today went to dealer, first was told no work unless I made an appontment, service come out and starting taking pictures of the three item listed. I ask what was he doing. His reply was shocking to me. He said they have to make digal warranty claims and until Mopor gives them the OK I will need to weigh. I then ask what time form am I looking at he has no idea BUT well call me. Is this the norm for warranty problems. This is the first dodge for me, had Fords and ford never question any warranty work like this. Have I made a costly error .

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why does Mopor require photos from dealer to get the work completed. My problems are passenger side sun visor broken falls out of its bracket when you touch it or hit a bump. Top of dash, the lather has started to separator. Tail gate won't open at times using all three way to get it open.
Today went to dealer, first was told no work unless I made an appontment, service come out and starting taking pictures of the three item listed. I ask what was he doing. His reply was shocking to me. He said they have to make digal warranty claims and until Mopor gives them the OK I will need to weigh. I then ask what time form am I looking at he has no idea BUT well call me. Is this the norm for warranty problems. This is the first dodge for me, had Fords and ford never question any warranty work like this. Have I made a costly error .
I would try a different dealer. You definitely don't have to go back to the dealer you bought the truck from any dealer will work.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My MOPAR has been doing that since I purchased my Chrysler in 2006.

if they don't follow FCA's warranty claim requirements they won't get paid for the parts & labor.

Sounds normal to me.

OP
OP
R

Retired Navy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Reading some of the posts on this site about fighting to get dealer and/or mopor to do work. I witched I had found this forum before I purchase my Lonehorn. If this is normal I have made a big mistake.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My MOPAR has been doing that since I purchased my Chrysler in 2006.

if they don't follow FCA's warranty claim requirements they won't get paid for the parts & labor.

Sounds normal to me.
As far as I'm concerned as long as they fix my truck I don't care what they take a picture of.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Reading some of the posts on this site about fighting to get dealer and/or mopor to do work. I witched I had found this forum before I purchase my Lonehorn. If this is normal I have made a big mistake.
As with ANY brand, as long as you have a decent dealer / service shop you should be ok. All brands have some ******* dealers, can't help that.

CamperMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had no issues with a cosmetic warranty issue on my ram. Also no issues with warranty issues on our chrysler pacifica either. I have no idea what the dealer has to do for approval.. but they do it quickly and with no issue. No better or worse than our experience with Honda Ford or gm warranty work we've had done over the years.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small