Water in rear of cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Same issue with mine,
bottom of box below seat was wet.
Used silicone on the original seal, that worked.
Chris

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
Changed the third brake light gasket on my 2014 and not a drop of water in there since.

https://www.detroitmuscletechnologi...ght-gasket-chmsl-leak-repair-adhesive-backed/

medium800.jpg

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Update of my trip to body shop today. As my previous post stated, I had to silicone the bottom corners where the seal butts up to window. There was at least a 1/8 gap on both sides where water was coming in running down the window track onto the floor. So after having the truck all day and me showing the shop manager what and how I trouble shot the leak. I called the shop at 5:15 and he said they really didn’t anything. I asked him if he removed the silicone and he said no, he thought I was ok with it on the spots. WTF! I had to tell him to remove the silicone and if needed swap out the entire unit. I was’t gonna ride around silicone window

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO< never give the dealership/shop an out, just my thoughts, I know skerry...

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Update: picked up my truck today. The shop changed all the seals around the sliding glass. Picked it up in the rain and after about 1.5 hrs in the rain, the back carpet was dry when I checked it after I made it home.

Reactions: JB1

dakotakid846

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
About 2 months ago I had the 3rd brake light leak. Headliner, carpet, rear seats and under rear seats, all soaked. Removed the cheap foam gasket and applied the 3M weatherstripping.

Bone dry since....and its rained a lot here in NJ.

Nystagmus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn CC
Engine
I experienced the leaking 3rd brake light for the first time earlier this week. We had like 8" of rain over a three day period. One morning I noticed what appeared to be moisture on the inside of my windows and a few drops of water on my leather back seat. When I raised the back seat and looked in the storage compartment, there was about 3-4" of water standing in there !!! I was furious. My first thought was the sub / amplifier unit on the other side was probably standing in water also. But luckily, there was very little under there. Got it all dried out and applied silicone to the brake light. We'll see.......