Water on speaker magnet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Well, one of my c3-600 speakers has distortion at lower volumes and I was able to get them to approve me just returning the speaker rather than the entire contents of the box. I was not looking forward to removing all that stuff and repackaging it. Anyway, we had a good storm Sunday night and today when I was removing the speaker to send back, I found the back of the speaker had water on it!!! WTH? anyone else notice this issue?

I checked all the speakers and all had water on them!

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Car door that's kinda normal specially if its heavy rain. This is why there are car audio speakers as they stand up to elements a bit better than home theater speakers.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, one of my c3-600 speakers has distortion at lower volumes and I was able to get them to approve me just returning the speaker rather than the entire contents of the box. I was not looking forward to removing all that stuff and repackaging it. Anyway, we had a good storm Sunday night and today when I was removing the speaker to send back, I found the back of the speaker had water on it!!! WTH? anyone else notice this issue?

I checked all the speakers and all had water on them!

That's totally normal. All of the speakers that have come and gone in my doors have had water spots on them... The water goes in from the windows and drips all over the place inside the door. I don't like it one bit. :(

Recently, I started using masking tape to seal the window to the weather stripping when I wash my truck.

Edit: Obviously this is totally impractical for when it rains, buuuuuuuut "it never rains in southern california." ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
woojyee

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
That's totally normal. All of the speakers that have come and gone in my doors have had water spots on them... The water goes in from the windows and drips all over the place inside the door. I don't like it one bit. :(

Recently, I started using masking tape to seal the window to the weather stripping when I wash my truck.

Edit: Obviously this is totally impractical for when it rains, buuuuuuuut "it never rains in southern california." ;)

HAHA, I am originally from San Diego so I know about NO rain. I am out here in Nebraska working on my DNP at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. It rains hard here and we had baseball sized hail Sunday. Snow and -10 degrees F is fun too but something about seeing sexy corn fed country girls makes you forget about all that.. :roflsquared:

Would it be worth sealing that up with fiberglass?

Last edited:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HAHA, I am originally from San Diego so I know about NO rain. I am out here in Nebraska working on my DNP at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. It rains hard here and we had baseball sized hail Sunday. Snow and -10 degrees F is fun too but something about seeing sexy corn fed country girls makes you forget about all that.. :roflsquared:

Would it be worth sealing that up with fiberglass?

Damn it! I was thinking about the speakers and water issue, but now you got me thinking of corn fed country girls! I've met a girl or two from Nebraska and you aren't kidding... :naughty:

Anyways, back to the speakers. Best thing to do is keep thinking about corn fed country girls and that will take your mind of the speaker issue, lol!

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seriously, I made a little half cover sorta thing with cld hoping that would deflect the water a little bit. I am sure there are better ways of doing that though...

OP
OP
woojyee

woojyee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Damn it! I was thinking about the speakers and water issue, but now you got me thinking of corn fed country girls! I've met a girl or two from Nebraska and you aren't kidding... :naughty:

Anyways, back to the speakers. Best thing to do is keep thinking about corn fed country girls and that will take your mind of the speaker issue, lol!

Man, when I see them wearing mid-thigh skirts and calf-high boots I can't even remember my own name... :jawdrop:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, I know that look... And then there is a certain walk/strut that is used when dressed like that! :baby:

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1

I married one those those hot, corn-fed Nebraska girls :)
i have noticed water spots on my door speakers as well.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Seriously, I made a little half cover sorta thing with cld hoping that would deflect the water a little bit. I am sure there are better ways of doing that though...
When did you make this cover for the speakers?
Remember I have the under...

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When did you make this cover for the speakers?

Last year when I started my build. I would hardly even call it a cover, it's more like cld sticking out to make a little half umbrella... I am not even sure if it's making a difference though.

Remember I have the under...

I haven't had enough coffee yet, and that is why I am not sure what this means, lol??? :)

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Last year when I started my build.

I haven't had enough coffee yet, and that is why I am not sure what this means, lol???
I've got the under on 3 weeks before you change up something on your audio build.