Water retention along the bottom of doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MUHOF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Just purchased a new 2019 Ram Classic (old body style) Regular Cab last week. Have washed it twice. Each time, water has collected and then continues to drip from the tight fitting noise reduction rubber strip along the bottom of each door. Anyone else have this problem? I am concerned the water will cause corrosion eventually.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was the truck rustproofed?
Take and run a rag with WD 40 on it between the bottom of the door and the seal to just clean the area.

I have seen it when I open the doors but my doors were rustproofed and it also dripped out of the drain holes and stuck the seal to the door.

Could be the seal sticking to the door or just a very tight fit with the door closed.

I am contemplating trimming the seal just a bit where the drain holes are if it persists.

OP
OP
MUHOF

MUHOF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
No, it was not rust proofed. I purposed the idea of cutting a notch at each drain hole to the manager of the body shop at the dealership where I purchased the truck. He said I could but felt I didn’t need to. He and the assistant manager have never seen issues with doors rusting on that body style (since 2009). I think it is a case of a very tight fit as you mentioned. Not sure what I am going to do. Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I leave the doors open for a bit while I'm drying the rest of the truck so they can drain then I use an electric leaf blower to blow the water out of the door seals.

OP
OP
MUHOF

MUHOF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Thanks. I will give it try. :)