WeatherTech vs. OEM All-Weather Mats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Delmonico Longhrn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi eTorque
Hello everyone. I just bought my first Ram truck. It is a Delmonico Red Limited Longhorn with Mountain Brown interior. In the past, I have always purchased WeatherTech all-weather floor mats for my sedans and have been pleased with the quality and side coverage. I definitely want some all-weather mats for the Ram. Does anyone have any feedback on WeatherTech (cocoa) vs. OEM (brown) mats? I suppose if they are both laser measured, are of the same quality, and have the same side coverage, I’d go for the Ram mats this time…….but its hard to go against Weathertech based on my prior experience. Thanks for the insights!

https://store.mopar.com/accessories...r_mats_front_rear_crew_brown__82215320AD.html

2021 RAM Ram 1500 | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech

2021 RAM Ram 1500 | FloorLiner High Performance, custom-fit, total protection floor mats | WeatherTech

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I have the weathertech mats. They fit pretty good, and offer a but more coverage than the stock mats i think.

They are kind of a ***** to clean, and the original textured look will wear down a bit over time where your right foot goes.

But other than that. i like them. it is also the first time i am using them.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I ordered my new truck with the factory mats and really like them. In the past I have had weathertech and huskys and they too were great mats. Last time I purchased after market mats I went with the huskys as they were a little cheaper and also were made in USA.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I used to swear by WT mats. I've had them in several vehicles I've owned over the years. I had them in my last two Ram 1500's (both 4th gens), but they seem to have lost a little bit of their quality IMO. In my last truck the edges of the WT mats curled up at the door thresholds. And my feet would occasionally drag across the curled up edge. It looked bad and was annoying. And there was the issue of never being able to make them look good after the first winter with them. I went with the OEM mats in my 5th gen and I love them. They cover the carpet completely, stay nice and supple, are easier to clean, and look much better than the WT mats. My recommendation is OEM for all-weather mats.

SOKY_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used to swear by WT mats. I've had them in several vehicles I've owned over the years. I had them in my last two Ram 1500's (both 4th gens), but they seem to have lost a little bit of their quality IMO. In my last truck the edges of the WT mats curled up at the door thresholds. And my feet would occasionally drag across the curled up edge. It looked bad and was annoying. And there was the issue of never being able to make them look good after the first winter with them. I went with the OEM mats in my 5th gen and I love them. They cover the carpet completely, stay nice and supple, are easier to clean, and look much better than the WT mats. My recommendation is OEM for all-weather mats.

I got rid of my WT's for the same reason. The edges on the rear mat were curled up bad. Was afraid the kids were going to get their feet hung up on it and fall out of the truck. I like the heavier rubber oem type mats that don't slide around as easy.

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
OEMs for me. Added them to my 17 after one trip to the farm. Insisted on them from day 1 in my 19. Just happened that the 19 had them as it sat on the lot. Otherwise, they were on my list to negotiate into the deal from the dealer. I wasn’t driving away without them.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I've owned both, used to buy WeatherTech exclusively. This time, I tried MOPAR and have to say I like them a lot better. Seem thicker, more flexible, and better edge lips.

Go see Benny @AllMoparParts.com

Here's what mine look like - https://www.ramforum.com/posts/2463259/

P.S. - Mopar mats are also made in USA. This was important to me. Who knows? Maybe Mopar subcontracts to WeatherTech?

Last edited:

any4xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have been a long-time fan of WeatherTech. But... the last few sets of their mats that I have bought didn’t fit as well as others I’d had in past vehicles. For my new-to-me ‘14 RAM I bought Husky mats and absolutely love them. Only problem is that I don’t know if they make them in brown/tan. I guess a quick trip to their web site would tell though.

<edit>. I just checked their web site and it looks like they sell both front and back in “Cocoa” color. But oddly, you have to buy the front and back separately. The whole-truck-set is only sold in black. And if you do not have the full length center console, the hump cover only comes in black.

Last edited:

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have been a long-time fan of WeatherTech. But... the last few sets of their mats that I have bought didn’t fit as well as others I’d had in past vehicles. For my new-to-me ‘14 RAM I bought Husky mats and absolutely love them. Only problem is that I don’t know if they make them in brown/tan. I guess a quick trip to their web site would tell though.

<edit>. I just checked their web site and it looks like they sell both front and back in “Cocoa” color. But oddly, you have to buy the front and back separately. The whole-truck-set is only sold in black. And if you do not have the full length center console, the hump cover only comes in black.

I've got the tan for the 2014 CC but I think shipping would be too expensive

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I have the OEDRO for now, A few years and holding up!

Was going to go Weather Tech till I started working the Auto Auction and seeing many Weather Mats with folding edges !

But I also have the OEM Slush Mats , no side wall coverage, so if you go OEM make sure you get the All weather Mats with side coverage !
When my current mats wear out I am going OEM All weather mats

chevycamaro1969

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Both great. Seems like Mopar ones are less slippery and more coverage. Interesting that Mopar ones are two pieces in back and WeatherTech ones are one piece. Can't go wrong with either. Mopar ones made my truck smell like rubber (my wife claims). I personally can't tell.

Moondawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got the new weathertech hp mats, and I must say they are really nice. They are more rubbery than the original kind.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I have the OEDRO for now, A few years and holding up!

Was going to go Weather Tech till I started working the Auto Auction and seeing many Weather Mats with folding edges !

But I also have the OEM Slush Mats , no side wall coverage, so if you go OEM make sure you get the All weather Mats with side coverage !
When my current mats wear out I am going OEM All weather mats

Rado,
Do you need a link to the OEM mats with the big edges?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just got the new weathertech hp mats, and I must say they are really nice. They are more rubbery than the original kind.
It's good to hear they're working on improving them. I like weathertech, and would like to support them if I can (like all US companies). I was always happy with them in the past, until the last 5 years or so. I have them in my Audi and they work great in that car.