Weird Lights Problem 2015 RAM 1500 PROJECTOR LIGHTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone ever had this happen to them.

In the morning when i start my truck, i get this message telling me that my driver side low beam bulb is out. So i thought it was the bulbs so i put new bulbs in and it was fine for a couple days then this morning got the message again...and when i got out and check sure enough it's not on.

So after driving for a few miles or mins, it starts working. It's so inconsistent that it leads to believe it's something electrical wire related. I just replaced the battery 2 weeks ago, not sure if that has antyhing to do with it, but this weird stuff started happening then.

The light switch is set to AUTO all the time. When i swith it to on and the car is in PARK, it is off. SO it only seems this is happening when in park in the morning when i start the car. so bizaar.

anyone experience this before? Please help. i dread going to the dealer for this. my truck only has 58K miles so still under warranty.

jakearoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the wiring connections get so crudded up that this happened to me, took it apart and cleaned up connectors and used a little dielectric grease and it has been fine since. Also had this happen on my last ram with no projectors.

OP
OP
rubes7202

rubes7202

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the wiring connections get so crudded up that this happened to me, took it apart and cleaned up connectors and used a little dielectric grease and it has been fine since. Also had this happen on my last ram with no projectors.

yeah, i did the same thing to the connectors at the headlight housing and the connections inside the housing as well. hmm are there any connections i am missing where i should be applying grease?

jakearoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2013 had connections down lower than the headlight assembly if I remember correctly between wheel well liner and front of truck, its been a while. On this truck the problem was at the headlight, I greased the pins in the connector.