weird pop when turning left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
Hi everyone , I'm sure this has been gone over many times but i could find what I'm looking for , this just started happening last month when ever i turn left to almost full lock left (if that makes sense) I get a pop and I can feel it in my feet , I don't know what I should be checking to look for the issue , doesn't happen turning right at all just left , nothing seems loose didn't see any cracks in anything I'm stumped .Any advise is appreciated ! thank you !

-2015 ram 1500 slt /crew cab/ 5.7lt v8 / 37" cooper mt tires/

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Axle CV joint, they just will replace axle, fairly cheap sounds worse then it is, maybe 250ish labor plus part. Go to cheap tire shop/chain, for them it's nothing. Unless it is the stub shaft thingy that ends up ten times that or close because they still don't make the part.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I see you have 37 inch tires, so for sure he has 4wd, and for sure you will have suspension parts needed more often, just the price to pay to be big and sexy.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
must be 4 wheel drive & most likely it is your Right side CV Joint

It is usually the opposite CV Joint from the direction of the turn

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Hopefully you don't have to replace the intermediate shaft, if you do you can buy one here. Nothing like paying 500 dollars for a 50 dollar part, but literally nobody else makes these not even mopar.

OP
OP
Rob McClure

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
thanks everyone ! , I looked over the cv boot no tears or cracks any where I guess I could replace both , since im running 37.s is there better ones then the mopar ones ?
thanks again everyone !

OP
OP
Rob McClure

Rob McClure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi v8
Hi guys, went and got new tires put on , got the new Mickey Thompson baja boss a/t ! When I was at the shop they told me my clunking issue looks like a bad tie rod end on my passenger side and they also said that they think the u-joint is binding up ? My question is now , should i just replace the passenger side tierod end or do both ? I would like to get some HD ends , any reccomendations? , what would a ujoint replacement cost ? I've never heard of a binding u joint , I'm guessing it's the wheel ujoint ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990