Weird problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tree fifty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 05 1500 5.7 and this happened all at once.
These are the hard codes that won't turn off p0335 p0700 p0562
I get 2 soft codes that can be turned off. 1 is random misfire the other is another crank sensor code i believe it's a low volt code..
Truck takes a good 8 seconds to start. I unplugged the crankshaft sensor and it does the same 8 seconds to start. So I replaced it with a new one and still the same.
I have a check engine light blinking while driving aka misfires.
And the transmission won't shift passed 3rd.
Makes me think a short.
I have no clue where to start. I have looked at wires and don't see anything obvious.
Any ideas?
The p0562 low voltage to pcm feels like the problem. I have a good battery with a jump pack on it so it's not the battery

Last edited:

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have your battery load tested. It may not have the amps it requires .

OP
OP
T

tree fifty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have your battery load tested. It may not have the amps it requires .
I put a new battery in is and put my jump box on it . Didn't help. Here is the hard codes p0335 p0700 p0526. I get a random misfire code and another crank code that can be removed. The p0562 code I believe is the problem

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tree fifty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok I fix it. How? I'm not sure but I'll tell you what I did. I unplugged the crankshaft sensor and made sure I heard the click when I plugged it back it. I separated the crankshaft sensor wires maybe 12 inches off the crank sensor plug. Then I separated any wires I could see plugged into the transmission I just fluffed them up I didn't remove the harness wrap. That's it. It started right up shifts perfect runs perfect. Honestly it was probably the crank sensor wasn't fully plugged in.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Our trucks are getting older and any electric connection is prone to corrosion or breaks. It just sucks that we have so many to go bad. I’m glad you found the issue and thanks for sharing the fix.

Redfisher1974

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its amazing how you can clear codes for a while at least just by messaging the wire harnesses.. sadly it almost always comes back.