What’s your honest opinion on the new 2019 look?

Like or Dislike the new look?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
From the windshield on back the truck looks fine. Interior is great. The front end needs fixed asap. Get rid of the brow and the the hood badges at the very least. The grills on the upper trim models are very generic. They would look at home on a GMC.

This year’s truck is rated significantly higher in every possible category than any previous generation. I don’t think they need to fix anything. I trust the people who get paid a lot of money to figure this stuff out. People did this same thing when they a) released a 4 door Charger which went on to be the best selling sedan of its time, and b) when they changed said Charger into its current look, which went on to break those sales records. They’ll be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zuiquan1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Like Ive said before this is to broad of a question. There are 3 different headlights for this truck depending on model and they make or break the look in my opinion. The Limited's headlights are the most advanced but in my opinion are the most ugly. They appear to be smaller then the others and chrome lined and just don't match the truck, also the rest of the chrome accents don't do the truck any favors either in my humble opinion. Whereas go down a class with a regular Laramie and you have a much larger looking headlight that fills out the front end a little bit more. I personally think it looks much better, especially with a body colored grill to match.

I mean look at these examples, they could almost pass as three completely different makes-

2019-Ram-1500-0009.jpg

01-2019-ram-1500-rebel-detroit-1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

misuracaf10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I personally prefer the top pic. Just the headlights and the grille appeal to me the most

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having owned two 4th gen trucks I will say that the new body style has taken some getting used too and needed some time to grow on me but that seems to be the common theme when you're used to one thing for a long time and then everything changes. I will definitely consider buying one in the future but I'm going to wait for more improvements in the power department(425-450 HP Hemi anyone?) and of course more rebates in the future similar to whats been available on the 4th gens for the last few years.

RAMVT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My biggest dislikes hopefully all can be fixed with a mid cycle refresh and/or aftermarket but no cross hair grill, no Express trim level and the hood emblem that says 1500. I bet some marketing manager at FCA kept seeing everyone on these forums de-bage their trucks so they decided to make it so we had to leave them on there.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
not to fond.. but like anything else.. if you put some time love and appearance enhancements... i can see myself growing to love it... i just love the timeless masculinity of the gen 4

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
I dramatically prefer the look of the new truck.

Last time I bought a truck (2014 Chevy), the look of the RAM was one of its drawbacks. This year I bought a Limited, and it easily was the nicest inside and out. Glad they updated it.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I clicked "like" because the interior is second to none. The exterior is growing on me but I still question if it's a Chevy, Toyota or Ram when I see one go by. I typically trade vehicles in every 3 years but I am behind the curve on this one as I am still running my 14. I just can't pull the trigger when I only have 45k on my current truck. While that may mean I have good trade in value, it also means I am going to spend a lot of money to watch a new truck sit in my driveway. I think it really means that I am just getting old. ;( LOL

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I dramatically prefer the look of the new truck.

Last time I bought a truck (2014 Chevy), the look of the RAM was one of its drawbacks. This year I bought a Limited, and it easily was the nicest inside and out. Glad they updated it.

I’m just the opposite, the 2014 chevys look horrible to me, especially the interior

MarvinK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.8
To each their own, but you will be hard-pressed to find a review I have a 2019 RAM that doesn’t rave about the new interior, and most say positive things about the exterior. That wasn’t universally true in 2014.

It seems that the 2019 is a tremendous success inside and out by every standard, except for the most hardcore Dodge RAM traditionalists.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
To each their own, but you will be hard-pressed to find a review I have a 2019 RAM that doesn’t rave about the new interior, and most say positive things about the exterior. That wasn’t universally true in 2014.

It seems that the 2019 is a tremendous success inside and out by every standard, except for the most hardcore Dodge RAM traditionalists.

I like the 2019 Ram, don’t blame you one bit for getting rid of the junk Silverado

alow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It took me a bit to warm to the Gen5 but then again I remember when the Gen4 was new and I was turned off by that until it grew on me. I like the new look and especially on the road I think it looks very good. If it doesnt work for people i imagine they'll buy something else.

Lettikka

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am driving a sweet 2007 GMC 6.6 Duramax. Time to get a new one so I shopped them all and tried to do it with an open mind but I think deep down I knew I was just going through the motions and would end up with the 2019 2500 GMC. They are going to have a tailgate that all of the truck world will want. Anyway all of that changed when I got to the Dodge dealer. Its difficult to have this discussion knowing that everyone has the flavors but I have been a car guy all my life, never a Chrysler guy, and I can say without a doubt Dodge got it right over the past few years with the Charger, then got dialed in on the Challenger, now they have the truck right. When you sit in any part of the truck you can tell that the design engineer sat there too and made the changes that needed to be made to not only made the interior look right but work right. The outside follows suit. I got the black appearance package and for my taste it is going to be nearly the perfect look for the truck that I want. The weak link in the truck is the engine. Reliability stats look okay and I am hard core with maintenance so that is not the issue. I don't want a truck that will outrun a Mustang but for the past 20 years I have enjoyed having about 150 more HP than ever needed. I have already shopped the available superchargers that will put me where I need to be. It was also a little bit of a downer that I had to order the truck with a golf cart engine attached to the hemi. Its a cute idea, but i am reasonably sure that system is going to cost me more than it helps. I just hope it works for a while before I have to pay someone to take it out. Exhaust system is on order. Its a race to see which will get here first, the truck or the exhaust. These are the finest looking trucks available to guys like us in this country right now.

Last edited:

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Fugly.
The front/grill area is horroble.
Rest of the truck is fine (rear, sides).

Which REALLY sux for me because I'm a keep-em-ten-or-more-yeard kind of owner. And if I order, and pay these kinds of prices, I shouldn't have to settle/compromise. But i will. I will just tell myself that the sides/rear is STILL better looking than the sides/rear of the ovals and bow ties, and the 2019 front of the Ram at least ain't any uglier than the front of the bow ties and ovals. And I'll never look at the front of my 19 (or 20, whichever whenever I get one).

I really wish I could hold out until the new '19 generations themselves run their course and the next new thing comes out, except I don't think my current '05 Ram will continue to hold out for THAT much long...

Really wish they didn't make this new front/grill.
Looks kinda like a crying ladyboy in Pattaya after a US cruiser port visit departs...
That, and it'll look horrendously dated in a few years.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Not a big fan of the body style but liking the interior of the new truck. Like most new generations of vehicles there will be a love/hate relationship. Give it 5 years or so and everyone will be ******** about how awesome the 2019 was and how much they hate the new 2025 version.