Rear Shocks Upside down on the 4th gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
As many of you follow me here and elsewhere and know an idea of how I genuinely help like minded truck owners with things across the country DAILY. This is a bit of a venting rant as I’m not sure which way to turn on the subject. On one of the FB groups (I’m not a fan of FB but try and stay current)
Any way there was a photograph that appeared to have Fox shocks mounted upside down as it is extremely common for guys to do. The photo was distant so I was not 100% I offered the guy to send me closer picture’s as I believe they were upside down.
The member responded that he does indeed have Fox shocks as I thought and that he’s done more lifts than me that have been featured in 4x4 magazine. And I don’t need to push my company on him. (don’t really care if I hurt his ego) And being published in magazines is great but doesn’t mean the work is clean, right or good. We have all seen plenty of rigged stuff at shows that looks awesome from a distance.
I responded with I meant no disrespect and that I wasn’t trying to sell anything and wasn’t trying to start a peeing competition. I only offered to look at closer pictures.
All was clean and fair but the comments on both sides are removed now. I feel it is important for other to read as it is a more common issue than many think and I have done so many shock flips and every single one said that it was 100% an improvement in the rear ride characteristics.
To be very clear I’m not mad at the member at all and if he’s done what he says I have a lot to learn from him. So can anyone explain why an admin would delete or lock out the comments and should I leave that group which is highly likely.
Here is the Fox instructions
IMG_3977.jpeg

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This is probably a case of everybody has an opinion and is entitled to it. Unless that OP asked for help (not sure what the entirety of the conversation was) then any comment can be received differently than intended. Appears you meant no malice but it is what it has become.

Why the administrator did what they did is really not up for debate, we all live by the rules set and we must always defer to them (administrators) to appropriately monitor and moderate the forum. If one doesn't concur with the actions taken the two choices are live with it or leave.

It sounds from the limited information here that you were just offering some thoughts(?). If the forum there isn't working out for you then maybe just let it go. Personally, I left FB about 8 years ago as I felt it was (then) getting out of control and too many people got upset about things. Maybe just time to move in.

Not sure all this helps but good luck with your decision.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
This is probably a case of everybody has an opinion and is entitled to it. Unless that OP asked for help (not sure what the entirety of the conversation was) then any comment can be received differently than intended. Appears you meant no malice but it is what it has become.

Why the administrator did what they did is really not up for debate, we all live by the rules set and we must always defer to them (administrators) to appropriately monitor and moderate the forum. If one doesn't concur with the actions taken the two choices are live with it or leave.

It sounds from the limited information here that you were just offering some thoughts(?). If the forum there isn't working out for you then maybe just let it go. Personally, I left FB about 8 years ago as I felt it was (then) getting out of control and too many people got upset about things. Maybe just time to move in.

That is the full story there was an observation comment and then the owner of the truck responded and then i responded. Nothing mean or unruly was said or implied. On any platform geared towards one subject where we collectively help, teach, and learn from others its quite strange to eliminate conversations long or short

I responded 3 minutes later I went to post a picture of the manufactures instructions and it was gone. I should have snapped a screen shot

If the owner wants to leave it the way it is that is completely fine. But knowing and for others to read is important and could possibly help other members

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

It was the typical (post a picture of your truck in the snow thread) The owner didnt ask for help it was offered same if I saw you trying to lift something heavy in a home depot parking lot and assisted. Noticed and issue and mentioned it. I didnt degrade the owner or the truck or come off like i am the only one that is right

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It was the typical (post a picture of your truck in the snow thread) The owner didnt ask for help it was offered same if I saw you trying to lift something heavy in a home depot parking lot and assisted. Noticed and issue and mentioned it. I didnt degrade the owner or the truck or come off like i am the only one that is right
As always honesty and integrity are your most cherished assets, just keep being you!!!

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Well now I need to see the photo. There are some shocks that it does not matter. Where's the pic?
Correct and that was my exact comment. I specifically said that I wasn’t sure. But it’s possible if you’d like to post a closer better picture. Here is the picture which was confirmed by the owner that they are indeed Fox. But could also just be a reflection in the lightIMG_3981.jpeg

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
IMG_1008.jpeg
Here is an older 4th Gen that we redid. Fox owns BDS and the sticker wouldn’t lie if the instructions are not clear enough.
100% I believe that the body down does look better on the 4th gens however the valves do not react as well

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Can't save every puppy in the pound. I've quickly realized people's ego normally roadblock any help whether warranted or not. You can't say you didn't try.....also......seems like an expected response from a Jersey idiot......i would know

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Can't save every puppy in the pound. I've quickly realized people's ego normally roadblock any help whether warranted or not. You can't say you didn't try.....also......seems like an expected response from a Jersey idiot......i would know
LOL I was nice I could have said the kid at jiffy lube has done more oil changes than you so that makes him good?
Also I don’t frequent FB so dude don’t know me anyway

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went and looked at mine, then realized they can only go on one way
LMAO some wont take help and other (myself) double check to make sure they didn't screw it uo

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
So can anyone explain why an admin would delete or lock out the comments and should I leave that group which is highly likely.
You would be surprised how some people act butt-hurt over the simplest things. Usually they think they know more/better that the person offering the help. Usually the person offering help is backing up their statement with proof but the other person throws out the "they know better" because they've "been doing this for *** amount of years.
As for the warning from the admin, it's probably just a generic shot across the bow to head off any pending trouble and they didn't bother to investigate at all. Most likely you were reported and/or blocked by that other member.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
You would be surprised how some people act butt-hurt over the simplest things. Usually they think they know more/better that the person offering the help. Usually the person offering help is backing up their statement with proof but the other person throws out the "they know better" because they've "been doing this for *** amount of years.
As for the warning from the admin, it's probably just a generic shot across the bow to head off any pending trouble and they didn't bother to investigate at all. Most likely you were reported and/or blocked by that other member.
That makes sense but my response was de escalating the pending trouble as I know too many know it all types and I wasn’t walking into a trap because I don’t really care what people do with their own truck

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As many of you follow me here and elsewhere and know an idea of how I genuinely help like minded truck owners with things across the country DAILY. This is a bit of a venting rant as I’m not sure which way to turn on the subject. On one of the FB groups (I’m not a fan of FB but try and stay current)
Any way there was a photograph that appeared to have Fox shocks mounted upside down as it is extremely common for guys to do. The photo was distant so I was not 100% I offered the guy to send me closer picture’s as I believe they were upside down.
The member responded that he does indeed have Fox shocks as I thought and that he’s done more lifts than me that have been featured in 4x4 magazine. And I don’t need to push my company on him. (don’t really care if I hurt his ego) And being published in magazines is great but doesn’t mean the work is clean, right or good. We have all seen plenty of rigged stuff at shows that looks awesome from a distance.
I responded with I meant no disrespect and that I wasn’t trying to sell anything and wasn’t trying to start a peeing competition. I only offered to look at closer pictures.
All was clean and fair but the comments on both sides are removed now. I feel it is important for other to read as it is a more common issue than many think and I have done so many shock flips and every single one said that it was 100% an improvement in the rear ride characteristics.
To be very clear I’m not mad at the member at all and if he’s done what he says I have a lot to learn from him. So can anyone explain why an admin would delete or lock out the comments and should I leave that group which is highly likely.
Here is the Fox instructions
View attachment 534907
This reminds me of my very first car. The fellow student from whom I purchased said car (1968 Falcon with 42,000 original miles and it was 4 years old).
This young man had installed shocks himself, and the rears were upside down and full of water.... and shot! :)

The brakes were metal on metal on all 4 corners!

My Dad and I fixed the problems and we had a decent car for a few years.

miketx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My '16 Rebel came with the passenger side rear shock upside down. I didn't notice it until I was rotating tires one day. I removed it and rinsed it out (the shock body was full of dirt/gravel), then installed it properly. Baffling how that passed factory inspection. But it's been ok since then (105k miles and counting).

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Don't let it get you you. It is the Oinkernet after all. The number of self centered, entitled, ignorant, uniformed, combative and abusive Richardheads you will come across is only limited by the number of forums or social media sites you visit.

No FarcicalBook for me and there are only three forums I spend much time on. There are a great many more I have abandoned because the prickle to good guy ratio was WAY out of balance.

Stick to helping those that appreciate it, to hell with the rest, and the horse they rode in on.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My '16 Rebel came with the passenger side rear shock upside down. I didn't notice it until I was rotating tires one day. I removed it and rinsed it out (the shock body was full of dirt/gravel), then installed it properly. Baffling how that passed factory inspection. But it's been ok since then (105k miles and counting).
The inspector was on coffee break!! ;)