Rear Shocks Upside down on the 4th gens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't worry about it. Guy is probably flipping his shocks around now lol.

Guy bragging about being in a magazine.....ever look at the welds on SEMA trucks? Looks like stevie wonder was welding them with his feet. That type of flex really means nothing. My car was featured in a Calendar and on a website. I also was featured in an Ebay Motors article with an old truck of mine where they interviewed me and all but no one knows that other than those that read the article and anyone who has been in my garage and saw the calendar. Neither of which was because I know more than others, it was because I was willing to spend the money and put the work in on those vehicles, also market them to be noticed. All it takes is some poor financial decisions and self marketing.

Keep doing what you been doing and let his slide. you are well respected amongst your peers for being you. Don't let some butt hurt guy bother you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Don't worry about it. Guy is probably flipping his shocks around now lol.

Guy bragging about being in a magazine.....ever look at the welds on SEMA trucks? Looks like stevie wonder was welding them with his feet. That type of flex really means nothing. My car was featured in a Calendar and on a website. I also was featured in an Ebay Motors article with an old truck of mine where they interviewed me and all but no one knows that other than those that read the article and anyone who has been in my garage and saw the calendar. Neither of which was because I know more than others, it was because I was willing to spend the money and put the work in on those vehicles, also market them to be noticed. All it takes is some poor financial decisions and self marketing.

Keep doing what you been doing and let his slide. you are well respected amongst your peers for being you. Don't let some butt hurt guy get bother you.
I know a lot of magazine cars that are pretty bad. Aside from magazines being irrelevant for over 20 years. I put in in the category of the guy at the bar going home to his one bedroom efficiency talking about all the money he has made and the awesome things that he had. LOL

I honestly think the guy was embarrassed and thinks im some 23 year old kid. I know a million percent he's not coming off that way face to face thats why im not really bothered by it or feel anyway about his response. Im mad that no admin reached out and said hey im going to remove this before it gets out of hand and they would reach out to ask questions regularly

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I know a lot of magazine cars that are pretty bad. Aside from magazines being irrelevant for over 20 years. I put in in the category of the guy at the bar going home to his one bedroom efficiency talking about all the money he has made and the awesome things that he had. LOL

I honestly think the guy was embarrassed and thinks im some 23 year old kid. I know a million percent he's not coming off that way face to face thats why im not really bothered by it or feel anyway about his response. Im mad that no admin reached out and said hey im going to remove this before it gets out of hand and they would reach out to ask questions regularly

Most FB admins are made of random people that said yeah ill do it. They are not hand picked vetted people like on the forums. The FB admin may just be as ignorant as the guy posting.

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Don't let it get you you. It is the Oinkernet after all. The number of self centered, entitled, ignorant, uniformed, combative and abusive Richardheads you will come across is only limited by the number of forums or social media sites you visit.

No FarcicalBook for me and there are only three forums I spend much time on. There are a great many more I have abandoned because the prickle to good guy ratio was WAY out of balance.

Stick to helping those that appreciate it, to hell with the rest, and the horse they rode in on.
I have a business page linked to my instagram and have a catfish FB page for market place. I fully agree that brain cells are lost every time i log in but i try and keep up to date with local events

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Most FB admins are made of random people that said yeah ill do it. They are not hand picked vetted people like on the forums. The FB admin may just be as ignorant as the guy posting.
LOL I speak to them regularly as the only ones with the ability to do it reaches out to me all the time

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
**** em, theres a reason a lot of us come to you for questions
I owe it all to this forum for making the light bulb turn on And really understand why our trucks can be funky. A LOT of helpful like minded individuals on here teaching each other from knowledge and experience good or bad.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ummmm. I doubt the IFP will care which way is up or down on a Fox 2.0. Some shocks are designed to go only one way and that way is body down. Twin tube shocks are notorious for these because their main valving stack is a the bottom of the shock and work only one way so if you install those body up the valving doesn't work. The Fox design with the IFP won't care. Call Fox when in doubt anyways and follow whatever they say. The Fox instructions simply say in most cases the the body goes up. The instructions are generic but if you ask me they look better to me body up and there is no chance to throw rocks at the body of the shock that way. But there are applications where it might not be possible to mount them body up so you have to flip them. Some OE shocks were designed to run body down, other shocks are designed to be run body down regardless of application, Rancho 5000 or 9000's for example fall in this catergory and are body down one way only regardless what vehicle they go in. Twin tubes as a whole must be mounted body down period.
If IFP's had an issue with direction people wouldn't be running 2.5 or 3.0 body shocks in their cantilever setups :)

16WhiteQC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My fox are in body up, I called fox and this is how they said to run them.

I do have a nick or 2 on the rod from rocks but no leaks and they have been on for 5+ years

OP
OP
Quick_Shifter

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Ummmm. I doubt the IFP will care which way is up or down on a Fox 2.0. Some shocks are designed to go only one way and that way is body down. Twin tube shocks are notorious for these because their main valving stack is a the bottom of the shock and work only one way so if you install those body up the valving doesn't work. The Fox design with the IFP won't care. Call Fox when in doubt anyways and follow whatever they say. The Fox instructions simply say in most cases the the body goes up. The instructions are generic but if you ask me they look better to me body up and there is no chance to throw rocks at the body of the shock that way. But there are applications where it might not be possible to mount them body up so you have to flip them. Some OE shocks were designed to run body down, other shocks are designed to be run body down regardless of application, Rancho 5000 or 9000's for example fall in this catergory and are body down one way only regardless what vehicle they go in. Twin tubes as a whole must be mounted body down period.
If IFP's had an issue with direction people wouldn't be running 2.5 or 3.0 body shocks in their cantilever setups :)
Exactly generic instructions but I have personally tested the Fox performance series on the 4th Gen with +5” rear springs as the original comment went towards and there is a difference in rebound. Could it be the length? Could it be the valving that “shouldn’t” matter? A lot of things contribute to cause and effect and you have had a ton of configurations on your truck and no doubt have put every one of them through their paces. I sometimes wonder if our colder winter climate could also cause differences that others wouldn’t encounter. The Fox tech support guy was the one that told me about the instructions when I was chatting about the 2.0 coil over adjustment math. I said who reads that paper everyone grabs the sticker LOL
I agree that orientation should not matter on an ifp shock as the valve is only separating the gas and oil. And like I said before the body down looks better on our trucks but whether it’s gravity with the nitrogen or something.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517