What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
It needed it , hasn't seen any suds since the hoses were put away...and that was October....

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It needed it , hasn't seen any suds since the hoses were put away...and that was October....

Oh I see. In that case glad you took advantage of the opportunity. :)

Drove mine last night will need fuel to finish getting it ready for what ever happens this weekend.

Ram Lover

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L 360
I went with it because of price, installing another carrier or whole other diff from another truck would also be more expensive since I could not find one with a LS for less than $1800.

For installing a new carrier would be like a full rebuild of the diff since no one would give warranty unless new bearings & gears would be put in.
What did you pay and where? What made you put one in with at the haters and peeps that so no no no to a locker in a daily? So is the spartan on rockauto a good one? It just replaces your spider gears right? Sucks i was just in the rear end changing the fluid and wheel bearings. Probably never have the extra cash to get one especially when I need to put 200 in the four wheel drive before we get real bad weather, just gonna miss this bad storm this weekend supposed to be going out to sea just as it hits the coast.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
Oh I see. In that case glad you took advantage of the opportunity. :)

Drove mine last night will need fuel to finish getting it ready for what ever happens this weekend.

took mine to D Q last night....fog lamps were flicking off and on, then when I was there shut the truck off and they stayed on....I'm like:wtf2: I snagged the relay......full of water! from the car wash.:flipthebird:..one good thing I ordered a bunch from flea bay for 1.99 a piece.

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
took mine to D Q last night....fog lamps were flicking off and on, then when I was there shut the truck off and they stayed on....I'm like:wtf2: I snagged the relay......full of water! from the car wash.:flipthebird:..one good thing I ordered a bunch from flea bay for 1.99 a piece.

I try not to take mine to an automatic car wash. Something almost always goes wrong. :word:

I take both of mine to a coin op car wash. This way I can control where the water goes on the truck as much as possible. :)

HeavyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 SOHC 5 SP Auto
What did you pay and where? What made you put one in with at the haters and peeps that so no no no to a locker in a daily? So is the spartan on rockauto a good one? It just replaces your spider gears right? Sucks i was just in the rear end changing the fluid and wheel bearings. Probably never have the extra cash to get one especially when I need to put 200 in the four wheel drive before we get real bad weather, just gonna miss this bad storm this weekend supposed to be going out to sea just as it hits the coast.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

The Spartan is a lower model & you will hear clicking for ever while turning just like the Lock-right.

Here's a compare of the lower models - http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/transmission-drivetrain/154-0910-head-to-head-lunchbox-drop-in-locker-shootout/

I bought mine from Summit - $500 USD.

The No-Slip is the newest of the bunch where it was designed not to make any noise & easier operation.

Last edited:

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 3rd brake light came in today and I'm sure whether I really like it or not. I will wait to pass final judgement until I put in on and see how I like it on the truck, but it was listed as a smoked 3rd brake light and the pictures didn't make it look like the backing was chrome, which I didn't want. I just wanted black to match my taillights. So I'm kind of torn on it. The pictures show the chrome a bit more than in real life because of the flash.

I will put it on when this storm passes, probably on Sunday and make a decision whether to keep it or return it and try another one.

20160121_200612_zpssf0cgptz.jpg

rocket

Licensed Dynacologist
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2006
Engine
was a HEMI 5.7
I have an led 3rd brake light...the cargo lights are useless, but the led red lights are good .........ya get what ya pay for.

MarkV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum V8 NOW with Moose Power
Cleaned this off my truck. Anybody want it??:roflsquared:

Attachments

• 20160114_091118.jpg
    20160114_091118.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 18

HeavyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 SOHC 5 SP Auto
I'd rather go to work than deal with the ice we are getting here in Southeast North Carolina:

Cleaned this off my truck. Anybody want it??:roflsquared:

& the weather here is even worse - I have no idea what you guys are complaining about.

Its 11*C & melting, my truck is going to get dirty - :favorites13: :roflsquared:

Jan%2022%202016%20melting_zps9r0vp4rw.jpg

Bullitt5339

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I moved to NC because I don't like snow and ice, so the few days per year that we do get it, I'm not a happy camper.