What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
i believe chrome clad or fake plastic chroome right. they are OEM so i assume they are not true chrome. I have no idea.. they feel like plastic... lol

It's just oxidation getting past the pinholes that develop in the thin coating of chrome clad layer that's on top of the copper coating that's on the plastic the cladding is made out of. I used to see the same thing in poorly re-chromed bumpers. Oxidized copper ends up that patina green.

Got 1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l v8
****, these Mavericks are ALWAYS dirty and I am squatting down to wipe em clean. I hear ya though. I put the fronts on tomorrow.

I had this setup on my VW GTi Mk5 few years ago and then I switched to Centric Premium Rotors paired with StopTech pads. Best setup I ever had on that car. Amazing stopping power, no dust and much cheaper than EBC.

I'm thinking to switch the stock pads to StopTechs or PowerStop on my new RAM.

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
Drove it nice and slow on my way to work today. Thought about how lucky I am to have such a nice truck on only my 28th birthday. Back to driving like I stole it tomorrow ;)

Until you get on post and you drive slow again so you do not get a ticket driving 36 in a 35. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Drove it nice and slow on my way to work today. Thought about how lucky I am to have such a nice truck on only my 28th birthday. Back to driving like I stole it tomorrow ;)

Happy 28th birthday to you, and many more. [emoji4] [emoji4]

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
****, these Mavericks are ALWAYS dirty and I am squatting down to wipe em clean. I hear ya though. I put the fronts on tomorrow.

You can but ceramic coatings for wheels for around $100. DIY project. You just need to use their prep spray and apply. Let it cure etc.... my buddy did it to his RS wheels. He basically just rinses then off. If really bad a light scrub and soft cloth. Worth looking into. Make your life easier. PM of you want more details

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

No offence but I hope you stub your toe today LOL. Damn you 28!!! Damn you!!!! (Shake fist)

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
You can but ceramic coatings for wheels for around $100. DIY project. You just need to use their prep spray and apply. Let it cure etc.... my buddy did it to his RS wheels. He basically just rinses then off. If really bad a light scrub and soft cloth. Worth looking into. Make your life easier. PM of you want more details

Thanks, I was debating this. Sounds like a plan.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thanks, I was debating this. Sounds like a plan.

He text me back...

This is the stuff he uses. GYEON rim q2.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

28..ahh memories! Lol
That was sooo 34 years ago, I can barely remember the fun and freedom

Rangers86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Don't forget you are polishing plastic. Get too carried away with a polishing cone in a drill and you might heat it up too much and end up doing more damage to it.

2017 RAM 1500 CC, LoneStar, Black Pearl

ill go very lightly. i did it by hand and they came out good. But I feel the cone may be necessary to help speed up the process. Ill test a very small area and see what happens. I watched 2 very good videos on youtube yesterday on how/what to do. We'll see what happens

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
He text me back...

This is the stuff he uses. GYEON rim q2.

Cool, I am big @AdamsPolishes, and they offer a 9H hardener. I am going to use that and do a full review.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Starting to detail the truck for the G2G on Saturday. I don't want ole Blue feeling ashamed parking next to SoCal after all the work he has been doing. He has a beautiful truck, inside and out. Maybe he'll post some pictures when he's done. Looking forward to Saturday---It's not to late to join us guys--the more the merrier!!!!!!
Jay

MagicMike74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport R/T RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Starting to detail the truck for the G2G on Saturday. I don't want ole Blue feeling ashamed parking next to SoCal after all the work he has been doing. He has a beautiful truck, inside and out. Maybe he'll post some pictures when he's done. Looking forward to Saturday---It's not to late to join us guys--the more the merrier!!!!!!
Jay

How far of a drive is that from SC????