What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
My front driver side one touch up window feature stopped working. One touch down works, just not up... Lame

there's a fix for that. I think you just hold down the button and it reprograms itself.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Mine are in the online cart, so I'll probably pull the trigger today...it'll be nice not having that road spray on my rig anymore! Thanks again...I had never heard of Rokblokz until you mentioned it.

TXCOMT
Mine should be in today. I'll probably toss them on tonight or tomorrow during break at work. Pics to come [emoji1362]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

LabRatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
Wife approved [<-- BONUS] a rear seat, USB port install because the kids couldn't charge their 100 devices last trip. Boggles my mind why there wasn't any ports for the rear passengers...but anyway.

Thanks to @kad and his creative USB brackets, I now have four 3.0A quick charge ports (2 on each side of the jump seat vents). Solid, professional-looking mod. Couldn't be happier.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/custom-rear-seat-12v-power-and-usb-ports.120738/

20190205_172250 (002).jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wife approved [<-- BONUS] a rear seat, USB port install because the kids couldn't charge their 100 devices last trip. Boggles my mind why there wasn't any ports for the rear passengers...but anyway.

Thanks to @kad and his creative USB brackets, I now have four 3.0A quick charge ports (2 on each side of the jump seat vents). Solid, professional-looking mod. Couldn't be happier.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/custom-rear-seat-12v-power-and-usb-ports.120738/

Do you have a crew cab with the center jump seat instead of console?

Im curious how the HVAC tubing is covered in that scenario.....wondering if maybe I could add it all to my quad cab.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 154561

There’s not a 12v port anywhere back there? That’s weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LabRatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
Do you have a crew cab with the center jump seat instead of console?

Im curious how the HVAC tubing is covered in that scenario.....wondering if maybe I could add it all to my quad cab.
I have a crew cab with the center seat. The vent plate comes off with the vents attached. I ran wires from the right side under the HVAC tube because it does bend upward from the floor to seal with the vents. With more patience the wires could go over the tube as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

KiltedCelt01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A couple days ago, I installed a black leather heated steering wheel w/audio controls that I bought from @Ramit2016. I transferred a sport steering wheel bezel from another wheel I had on-hand from @markusaf81 onto the heated wheel and it looks great. I added the audio controls through Alfa OBD and it works as it should. Both of the above-mentioned members are great to deal with, reasonable prices, they ship very fast and their parts are in very good shape.
43557e08495583e8850bc6ccfd1a6b3c.jpgb4f566184e75cc49c1c10e8aebdf9c06.jpg988d5145340c346f35c36a0fb81f81e9.jpg
I also installed a new heated wheel clock spring I bought at the lowest price I’ve seen ($180 with tax+ free shipping) thanks to allmoparparts.com. I haven’t found anyone that beats their prices for OEM parts and Benny is very helpful with finding parts and providing some nice discount coupon codes. I’ll be a customer of theirs for life.

Today, I installed new front & rear rotors & brake pads; nothing special just regular replacements since they were too close for inspection. Definitely a noticeable improvement overall. ec7fe9e03f6b9b20ec03070d27ed8ce4.jpg

I’ve had an issue with the SRS/airbag light coming on since my Laramie interior upgrade took place. (My OEM seats had side airbags and the new leather ones do not) I didn’t think to check on that when I bought them... oops. After a lot of internet research & forum searching, I found a 5-pack of plug-in airbag bypass resistors on eBay and plugged them into the yellow plugs in the body harness under the front seats... they work perfectly, no more airbag light! Here’s a link for them if anyone else has had this problem and could use them. Incredibly easy install and they’re $16.95 for 5 of them.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/183427457399
40343db34d0b02002fb98aa6c2d5a12c.jpg

b2b34fca50606f483eb870d8e37ebe8c.jpg

I tried removing the airbags via Alfa OBD but FrankenRam wasn’t having it. The light would turn off for 3 seconds and then pop right back on. Since my truck wouldn’t pass inspection with that light on, and with the OEM seats removed, the entire airbag system in the truck was disabled. So, I threw my old OEM front seats back in for the inspection. I was thinking about just selling my Laramie seats and looking for another leather set with side air bags. Now I don’t have to worry about any of that.

Now, if I could just find a wiring harness made for 09-12 Rams so I could get the heated & cooled seats working without having to hardwire everything in myself, my life would be complete. If someone here has the experience & know-how to make a wiring harness for a 2012 Express, I will GLADLY pay you to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 154561
I have a crew cab with the center seat. The vent plate comes off with the vents attached. I ran wires from the right side under the HVAC tube because it does bend upward from the floor to seal with the vents. With more patience the wires could go over the tube as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I now see that you could have a jumpseat with ducts, which I had no idea about before. I have a quad cab with the jump seat but am looking at either getting the duct parts to add it myself, or getting a crew cab jump seat complete. I know I still need one or two more ducts aside from the one thats actually on the seat, though.

This project just keeps growing....custom Katzkin covers, well leather gets cold so lets add front heated seats, and rears will get cold too so lets add aftermarket seat heaters. No good place to mount the button? Lets get that vent panel for the back of the jump seat. Hell, might as well connect it to the HVAC system.

I do wonder, though, how the ducts get from the dash to the jump seat....I know its under the carpet but do they have a different carpet part number for crew cabs to allow for more slack? I know the carpet is different from quad to crew just because of the back seat room, but maybe its molded in the front for the ducts to fit?