What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What’s the benefit of the GC switch?

Lighted mirror fold and movement switches.
Its a little thing BUT its stupid that Ram cheaped out on our lighting yet cherokees and other jeep models get full lights.

Frikkin thing isnt cheap for full lighted switchs but no more adjusting mirrors or folding them at oh dark thirty by braille

Gator57

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lighted mirror fold and movement switches.
Its a little thing BUT its stupid that Ram cheaped out on our lighting yet cherokees and other jeep models get full lights.

Frikkin thing isnt cheap for full lighted switchs but no more adjusting mirrors or folding them at oh dark thirty by braille
You just mean the switches are lighted? what do you have to do ton install it? Is it a harness adjustment?

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You just mean the switches are lighted? what do you have to do ton install it? Is it a harness adjustment?

Lol.....its a switch adjustment.
Purchase a Grand Cherokee lighted master switch, pull oem out, install mopar GC master switch...enjoy new lighted switches

Gator57

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lol.....its a switch adjustment.
Purchase a Grand Cherokee lighted master switch, pull oem out, install mopar GC master switch...enjoy new lighted switches
If you get a chance can you post pictures? I’m so curious on this lmao

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks! Did you have to do some rewiring? The Ram window switch has 2 connectors on the back while the grand cherokee only has 1.

No rewiring. My 19 classic has 1 connector.
That switch I screenshot of my purchase is for a 17-18 ...
May take a bit of research on your part if you have 2 connectors...a little bit of searching ebay may help

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty impressed with the life I got out of em considering they are only 2.0’s the amount of weight I have on the rear end and the abuse they take, about a year since I re-valved and just under 2 years since I replaced the seals. Would love to come across some 2.5s or 3.0s someday but that will stay on the wishlist till I find a killer deal.
You made me check today and i think my rears are toasted as well. lol. they're leaking slightly but leaking nonetheless and they should bone dry. fronts are ok. i posted in my build thread. I'm contacting Kings to check all my options. i want to learn to do them myself so we'll see what they offer. they're just 30 min away from home, Accutune is also couple of hours so will see. I'm assuming i'll rebuild and revalve all 4.

49559898657_7096ac3e27_4k.jpg2020-02-19_09-01-56 by RAM RSM, on Flickr

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also not trying to be rude lol. For me it opened up the space where my vararam pulls air. Better airflow=cooler air intake temps. It also removed it from in front of my condenser. Which just simply allows for more air to pass through your cooling assembly. The other reason for removal is the 180 degree thermostat. The stock ECU setting keep the shutters closed until the vehicle reaches operating temperature to decrease warm up time. I want my truck to run a bit colder so it was counterproductive ‍♂️. Like most mods it’s all just personal preference. I work at a dealership so for me (on top of the previously listed benefits) it’s one less thing I have to worry about breaking.
Awesome man.
Now that makes sense. Thanks and enjoy!

Side note****** Do you like the Vararam cold air intake?
Does it really increase HP and TQ like it says?

Gator57

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome man.
Now that makes sense. Thanks and enjoy!

Side note****** Do you like the Vararam cold air intake?
Does it really increase HP and TQ like it says?
I love it man! I haven’t been to a dyno so I can’t provide any physical evidence that it does. It certainly felt more peppy to me personally ‍♂️

Miklo84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the vararam intake on my truck, I have not Dyno tested it either, but I was getting 17-20 mpg driving in 8th gear, now I am getting 20-23 in 7th gear, most of my driving is city between house and work. My exhaust is louder, and the response from the engine is noticeable. I also removed the middle slats from my ags, and truck runs cooler, haven’t swapped out the thermostat yet, but will be one of the next things I do.