What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Back in 96 we had a 3ft blizzard and I drove a 70 Barracuda 318 4spd with manual brakes & steering.
I'll handle the Charger. :waytogo:
I use to live in the mountains and I had a '69 Charger 383 4 speed. I had N50x15 tires, bias plies. I could go where most couldn't. My landlord used to use me as an example getting up the hill we lived on, other's with studded snow tires getting stuck tearing his road up. He ask me how I made it with wide straight tread tires, I told him just put it in a high gear to make the engine lug and go. Now I will say if I got stopped on a hill I would have to back down and go again. Nobody get in my way I could and did go anywhere!

WildWilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Well got the truck in the garage in the nick of time.

Old camper but got nailed

5 hrs later and the hail is still hanging around next to buildings and such
Oh yeah, When the storm came up, I was unloading the tires that the fun range will be built. At the bro-in-laws ranch that we evacuated last year from the fires.
20210714_123436[1].jpg
I love this truck for hauling. Even the 2000ish pound tow is a joke to the truck, it sure beats the hell out of the Jeep it replaced
20210714_1451012.jpg
And a test run,
20210714_173154[1].jpg

Average J0e

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Lone Star SLT 1500 Rambox
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT
I hauled off the top half of the neighbors Silver Maple tree that landed in my yard after the storm that hit us here in Omaha Friday night @12:30 am with 96 MPH winds! Then spent the next 3 days filling the generator with gas and sweating out my ears!
20210710_095519_HDR.jpg

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
They came in yesterday during my honey do list. Atleast i had a reason not to finish20210715_174901.jpg

The led bar thing didnt come wired and i havent decided where to hook them up yet. Im thinking directly into the low beam.

Coming from duals to projectors is insane. Its amazing, i feel like i can see without the splash of the fog lights on now

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
They came in yesterday during my honey do list. Atleast i had a reason not to finishView attachment 464920

The led bar thing didnt come wired and i havent decided where to hook them up yet. Im thinking directly into the low beam.

Coming from duals to projectors is insane. Its amazing, i feel like i can see without the splash of the fog lights on now
Hook them up with crimped disconnects so you can remove the housings without disturbing the wiring.
I hooked mine up with a fused wire to M47, a 10A fuse that's on with ignition.
That way the bars are independent of any other lights and always on when the truck's running.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Hook them up with crimped disconnects so you can remove the housings without disturbing the wiring.
I hooked mine up with a fused wire to M47, a 10A fuse that's on with ignition.
That way the bars are independent of any other lights and always on when the truck's running.

Your the man, thats exactly what ill do. Appreciate it

EDIT: M37 works as there is no M47

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I took the tube steps off, then washed it up. I'll be returning the blade steps I purchased since the box was open and they were scratched up. I was gonna just Scorpion line them to cover the scratches but I like how it looks without steps right now. I'll be casually looking for some very tight to the body ones like I've seen on some PW's. Ones you can barely notice they're there but have that extra foot placement. With the air bags set to Entry/Exit, it's a breeze getting in/out but I'm a bit apprehensive about using it all the time since the system is over 3 years old with over 100k on the truck. I've told myself once it goes out I'll put a 6" lift on it and 37's. I'm thinking about a stripe down the hood too to wrap the black up around the front end. I still have to put that Scorpion lined skid plate on, but I blacked it out in the last pic to get an idea of the whole thing. No rush though. Just taking my time.

View attachment 464668

View attachment 464669

View attachment 464670

Concept:
View attachment 464671
I took mine off with intentions of swapping for something else. I honestly really like the way it looks. Truck looks great! I vote leave them off!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Bad ***!!!
What are you going to drive during the winter months?

I'm chomping at the bit to order a Hellcat Charge as my daily driver, but the New England winters say no!! lol
I am hoping to order a Scat Challenger 6 Spd next year. My R/T Charger just sits under a car cover. Ill DD the Ram until it dies.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took mine off with intentions of swapping for something else. I honestly really like the way it looks. Truck looks great! I vote leave them off!
Thanks! Mine were faded and a little beat up too, so it made the decision itself. I put them on the floor of our shop at work with a $100 price tag but no takers yet, and the other new ones are already boxed up and tagged for a return trip to sender.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am hoping to order a Scat Challenger 6 Spd next year. My R/T Charger just sits under a car cover. Ill DD the Ram until it dies.
Hell yeah brother!! AWESOME!!!
Pics when you get that bad boy.

Do you get much snow where you live?
Winters here can be a pain in the **** sometimes. :crazy: :roflsquared:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks! Mine were faded and a little beat up too, so it made the decision itself. I put them on the floor of our shop at work with a $100 price tag but no takers yet, and the other new ones are already boxed up and tagged for a return trip to sender.
I got no bites on mine. They are sitting in the corner of my garage lol.

FamilyWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a CEL, scanned it and it was the P1524 code. I did some research and found a guy who had the same issue while using the same oil and filter, which is Amsoil.

I did an oil change and cleared the code. Drove around 50ish miles and so far so good.

edit: put about 450-500 miles on the truck today. Still no CEL

Last edited: