What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dropped mine off at my buddy's shop.
I have some creaking in the rear of the truck that is driving me crazy. Had it for about 3 months now. Of course this morning I take him for a ride in it and you can barely hear it. Trouble is with stuff like that, it's hard to diagnose and I told him not to die on it and I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. I'm getting rid of the truck anyways. Pretty dissatisfied with this truck com[pared to my last Ram. Only 5 years old, less than 24k on the clock and all these issues. Pretty poor if you ask me. (There are other issues I haven't mentioned that bother me as well.)
The other issue that they are going to address today is the squeaking driver's side window when putting it down. He said the proper way to fix it would be to take the covering off and replace gaskets and such, but he said since I am getting rid of it, he's just going to lube some stuff up and it'll be fine for a little while but probably come back. I told him, no biggie,....winter's coming so I won't be putting the window down anyways and I don't want to put any money into it.
Lastly, they are going to do the Mobil 1 synthetic oil change and Mopar oil filter change. The last one I am doing on the truck. Hope to order a new vehicle in February. "Hopefully". LOL Anything can change between now and then, but that's the plan.
Not a Ram vehicle and not a truck. Done with trucks.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Dropped mine off at my buddy's shop.
I have some creaking in the rear of the truck that is driving me crazy. Had it for about 3 months now. Of course this morning I take him for a ride in it and you can barely hear it. Trouble is with stuff like that, it's hard to diagnose and I told him not to die on it and I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. I'm getting rid of the truck anyways. Pretty dissatisfied with this truck com[pared to my last Ram. Only 5 years old, less than 24k on the clock and all these issues. Pretty poor if you ask me. (There are other issues I haven't mentioned that bother me as well.)
The other issue that they are going to address today is the squeaking driver's side window when putting it down. He said the proper way to fix it would be to take the covering off and replace gaskets and such, but he said since I am getting rid of it, he's just going to lube some stuff up and it'll be fine for a little while but probably come back. I told him, no biggie,....winter's coming so I won't be putting the window down anyways and I don't want to put any money into it.
Lastly, they are going to do the Mobil 1 synthetic oil change and Mopar oil filter change. The last one I am doing on the truck. Hope to order a new vehicle in February. "Hopefully". LOL Anything can change between now and then, but that's the plan.
Not a Ram vehicle and not a truck. Done with trucks.
Sorry to hear about all the trouble. I have been really lucky with mine.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry to hear about all the trouble. I have been really lucky with mine.
Thanks. I appreciate it.
It seems as the truck gets older, the more the problems are showing up. It's almost 5 years old and not many miles, only 27,400 on the clock. I can only imagine a year from now or more. It's too bad because it is my second truck and my second Ram truck. My first Ram truck was pretty amazing. I do miss that one.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine

FamilyWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Need to sell factory 4th gen silver sport wheels with factory size all season tires. What’s a fair price?

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Need to sell factory 4th gen silver sport wheels with factory size all season tires. What’s a fair price?
I got 650 for a really nice set of Chrome Laramie wheels with almost brand new SRAs. Thats all I could get for them. I would say 5-700 would be fair.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I ceramic coated my glass today. I had some extra and so why not.

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Thanks Socalramfan. I’m an ex owner operator from the wild days of trucking (late 70’s/early 80’s) when we ran 2 logbooks, and it was hammer down coast to coast, so my chicken lights are an homage to those cabinets and large-cars back in the day

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That’s the range i was thinking. Appreciate it.
The market is tough. Those were true chrome wheels. Just not a market for stock wheels like there used to be.

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought them from the Iowa 80 Chrome shop. They are actually the sleeper light panel for a Peterbilt 359
very similar to what i have. i had mine custom made to fit (this is a old pic) but love lights. yours looks awesome. good job!

Attachments

• 376633.jpeg
    376633.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 15

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought them from the Iowa 80 Chrome shop. They are actually the sleeper light panel for a Peterbilt 359
can take the driver out of the truck, cant take the truck out of the driver. i saw you mentioned you were a truck driver at one point??

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
9207034E-CF48-4CB3-B739-FF904F240860.jpeg
very similar to what i have. i had mine custom made to fit (this is a old pic) but love lights. yours looks awesome. good job!
Yours looks great lit up like a Christmas tree!!! I have a total of 45 extra LED markers on my truck. I did want to keep all those circuits separate from my factory circuits, thus the reason for my fused relay panel. Also have 5 off road LED light bars (built into my roof rack) running through my relay panel as well as the power for my auxiliary Derale transmission cooler

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
View attachment 472196

Yours looks great lit up like a Christmas tree!!! I have a total of 45 extra LED markers on my truck. I did want to keep all those circuits separate from my factory circuits, thus the reason for my fused relay panel. Also have 5 off road LED light bars (built into my roof rack) running through my relay panel as well as the power for my auxiliary Derale transmission cooler
i think i have about 54 ambers plus rock lites plus wheel lites plus lites behind cab (trucker style) plus lites in bed that are similar to wheel lites plus cab lites. i have them all over haha.

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
i think i have about 54 ambers plus rock lites plus wheel lites plus lites behind cab (trucker style) plus lites in bed that are similar to wheel lites plus cab lites. i have them all over haha.
Roger that….that is totally awesome. Light up the night!!!!

Andersoncma

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Roger that….that is totally awesome. Light up the night!!!!
I’d like to see a close up pic in the ambers under your bumper, during daytime so I can see what you have and how they’re mounted (if you don’t mind)