What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
So I searched the forum for a thread like this and didn't find anything. I figured it would be fun to have a thread that everyone can watch what everyone is doing each week.

This week I put on Steelcraft nerf bars, and right now I'm getting the permaplating put on the truck. This way it gets a real good bath.
I went to Quick-Shifters shop, changed fluid in both diff’s & transfer case. I do my own oil but have never done others & would rather a professional, especially one that is a perfectionist & takes pride in his work, so I can get his input on the condition of old fluids & don’t have to wonder if the job is right. Didn’t take long but I ended up hanging out most of the day, another forum member was there getting shocks & rear springs installed. Top -notch shop but has a “favorite barber” feel, he’s lucky I live 2 1/2 hours away or I would be there every weekend!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I went to Quick-Shifters shop, changed fluid in both diff’s & transfer case. I do my own oil but have never done others & would rather a professional, especially one that is a perfectionist & takes pride in his work, so I can get his input on the condition of old fluids & don’t have to wonder if the job is right. Didn’t take long but I ended up hanging out most of the day, another forum member was there getting shocks & rear springs installed. Top -notch shop but has a “favorite barber” feel, he’s lucky I live 2 1/2 hours away or I would be there every weekend!
Nice ! .... always fun to have someone with a shop near you .... and someone you can actually depend on and trust !

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I installed the MICTUNING Latest Q1 RGBW LED Rock Lights - 8 Pods Underglow Multicolor Neon Light with Wiring Switch Kit Bluetooth Controller Remote Control Music .....

I did 1 per wheel well, two behind the grill and 1 on each side right underneath the cab centered with the RBP Stealth Power running boards ... I wanted to tie the 2 underneath to the power steps but read that not having all 8 pods connected to the control box could burn out the rest ...

So far I fawken love them, they are the RGBW so they have true white leds and we got them for $129 per set from the mictuning website not amazon but I think they went up to regular price now ...

Was just having a conversation yesterday about just this topic. Well done :waytogo:

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
Was just having a conversation yesterday about just this topic. Well done :waytogo:
Thanks Socal ... it was a fun install lol ... I did mine first then I did his ... I am planning on adding 2 more on each wheel well at some point , but just with the 1 on each wheel they are pretty damn bright .... with his since we did them on the sides but high , 10-3 positions, it really spits out the light ... he might add a third on each wheel wheel so getting another 8 pod set each ....

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
I have the AMP Rock lights wired up to the door curtsey lights.

Liked the way it lights up the ground and surrounding area approaching the truck, and certainly makes it safer at night to see the steps.

When I unlock the door remotely, or physically open a door, they illuminate.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
I have the AMP Rock lights wired up to the door curtsey lights.

Liked the way it lights up the ground and surrounding area approaching the truck, and certainly makes it safer at night to see the steps.

When I unlock the door remotely, or physically open a door, they illuminate.

The lights turning on approach how does that work ? Do you have to have a different fob?

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Installed undergrounds 60 w led lows and 40w high beams and installed a block heater on the ram.All I can say is the end result definitely justified the work,but the block heater is even worse since the starter is in the way and a bracket that bolts into the front differential blocks a starter bolt. All because of a $100 option.7811B91C-1ECF-4F1A-901C-D742B00F3DBE.jpeg01B59050-FF94-4B6E-9054-72136908ADD8.jpeg

NorthernSense

Reaction score
Ram Year
Yesterday I installed my new Bushwackers. Really enjoy how they make the truck look and should help with the rocks being thrown up by the new KO2's I had put on. I was a little disappointed with how they were sent to me, none of the holes had been finished (still lots of drilled plastic attached) so I had to clean the backside of all the holes. Also the rear ones were labelled wrong, small thing but makes you think about the quality control. Saying that, I look at the truck and I am super happy with the look.

IMG_20211118_092800.jpg

Dan Topp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ll post this for any unfortunate cold weather trunk owners The block heater from ram was plugged in overnight and this morning I took a reading with a newer amprobe and it was drawing 4.7 amps at 119 volts which is 559 watts.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I finally finished activating the Remote start on my 2014 1500 Express today. Works perfectly!

Pretty simple process overall:

- Activated it on the existing RF Hub and BCM using AlphaOBD, I did not replace the RF Hub. My factory RF Hub is a 68213675AF.

- Replaced the rubber button panels on my existing keyfobs with the ones below from Amazon. They fit perfectly, look great and work better on all the buttons than the originals did. www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017MVAO6Y

- Replaced the hood latch with the OEM one with the switch. Part # 68159725AB. I could have gotten an aftermarket for half the price, but I wasn't willing to risk it on the part that keeps the hood from popping open going down the highway!

- Truck already had the wire from the latch to the Front Body Connector under the TIPM, so I just needed the short harness from there to the BCM from @Mpgrimm2 at M2Mods . The one thing I would do slightly differently if I had to do it again is that I'd spend the extra money and get the longer version of M2Mods harness that runs from the latch directly to the BCM, bypassing the front body connector. (You were right M, getting at that body connector past the TIPM is a PAIN!)

Since I didn't replace the hub with one with a separate antenna, I'm not sure on the range yet, but since I know I can lock/unlock it from inside the house, the range should be plenty for me.

-K

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357