What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
I'm very happy with how it turned out. The truck had some kind of leveling pucks on it before, idk how big. But the Bils raised it up roughly 1.5" from what it was, so I'm almost dead level now. The RF is about 1/4-3/8" lower than the other 3 corners but not enough to tell just by looking. It rides great, slightly more firm than before but much more controlled which was the main problem before. The old shocks were so worn out, the thing pitched and yawed all over the place.

It'll be due for tires in a few months, debating 275/65s, 285/65s or 295/65s. They'll definitely be Toyo ATIIIs cuz I love those tires (I've had 2 sets in the past) and they're the lightest on the market at 55, 56 and 63lbs for those sizes. Don't want to absolutely murder my fuel mileage
IMG_8323.JPG
IMG_8327.JPG
IMG_8326.JPG

Last edited:

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm very happy with how it turned out. The truck had some kind of leveling pucks on it before, idk how big. But the Bils raised it up roughly 1.5" from what it was, so I'm almost dead level now. The RF is about 1/4-3/8" lower than the other 3 corners but not enough to tell just by looking. It rides great, slightly more firm than before but much more controlled which was the main problem before. The old shocks were so worn out, the thing pitched and yawed all over the place.

It'll be due for tires in a few months, debating 275/65s, 285/65s or 295/65s. They'll definitely be Toyo ATIIIs cuz I love those tires (I've had 2 sets in the past) and they're the lightest on the market at 55, 56 and 63lbs for those sizes. Don't want to absolutely murder my fuel mileage
View attachment 522921
View attachment 522922
View attachment 522931
My wheels/tires weigh 105lbs each lol. I get 14-15mpg on average, even with all my mods. I need some lightweight 17’s and rubber to see how fast it really is.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So right now as I type I am getting 3M ceramic tint all around. 15 front and 50 rear. A friend of my wrenching buddy does it professionally and cut me a deal for sidework.
I just received my hood latch, fobs and harness to do my Remote Start from the Amazonians.
Also last night was the first test of the factory foglight upgrade. It defaulted to no dropout with highbeams. Have to fix that…

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So right now as I type I am getting 3M ceramic tint all around. 15 front and 50 rear. A friend of my wrenching buddy does it professionally and cut me a deal for sidework.
I just received my hood latch, fobs and harness to do my Remote Start from the Amazonians.
Also last night was the first test of the factory foglight upgrade. It defaulted to no dropout with highbeams. Have to fix that…
Is that all you need for remote start?
I’ve been wanting to do it, sure be nice to have the AC running by the time I make it outside lol.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is that all you need for remote start?
I’ve been wanting to do it, sure be nice to have the AC running by the time I make it outside lol.
Allegedly those components and a connection of one wire in the BCM + AlfaOBD programming. We shall see this weekend. On my ‘17 at least. My truck looks like its wired for it.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: Pic! Just in time for summer!
1686795613950.jpeg

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Allegedly those components and a connection of one wire in the BCM + AlfaOBD programming. We shall see this weekend. On my ‘17 at least. My truck looks like its wired for it.
If it works out can you send me a list and the link for Alfa info?

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
My wheels/tires weigh 105lbs each lol. I get 14-15mpg on average, even with all my mods. I need some lightweight 17’s and rubber to see how fast it really is.
Yeah I’ve had heavy 20s and 305/55/20 Trail Grapplers or other tires on old trucks over the years. That tanked the mileage. I think I’ll stick with the 285/65s for this rig. A little beefier size than 275/65 but basically no extra weight

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I’ve had heavy 20s and 305/55/20 Trail Grapplers or other tires on old trucks over the years. That tanked the mileage. I think I’ll stick with the 285/65s for this rig. A little beefier size than 275/65 but basically no extra weight
I cant really compare this year’s mileage to historical mileage…too many mods and upped the tire size.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
I cant really compare this year’s mileage to historical mileage…too many mods and upped the tire size.
My old trucks were always NBS GM's (99-07) with the 5.3/4L60 and either 3.42 or 4.10 gears. Mileage would be ~17-20 on stocks and would tank to 12 on the 20/305s. City, hwy, uphill, downhill, empty, towing, sitting in the driveway. 12. Lol.

The Ram already has E-load Coopers on it that are 57lbs each and manages 17/18mpg. I figure I won't get hurt too bad if I don't go up drastically in weight

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
Just installed the Power Stop Z36 brake kit (drilled and vented rotors and ceramic pads) on a new to me 2016 Ram 1500 5.7l Sport. Crazy how well they stop truck so fast and dead smooth.

Never had a pickup that stopped this well.
I recently did the same set up on my 19'.
I agree, they stop very well.
Did you bed them in as per the video on the PowerStop website?
Also, if you've not done it yet, consider doing a full flush and fill of the brake fluid.
I did it at the same time as my new brakes and went with Motul DOT5.1, and it makes a big improvement on stopping, too.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well my Ram is partially wired for remote start. Meh. Fail. Nothing from the TIPM back to BCM.
Where would one find a 1k ohm resistor nowadays? No RadioShacks anymore…

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently did the same set up on my 19'.
I agree, they stop very well.
Did you bed them in as per the video on the PowerStop website?
Also, if you've not done it yet, consider doing a full flush and fill of the brake fluid.
I did it at the same time as my new brakes and went with Motul DOT5.1, and it makes a big improvement on stopping, too.
I did. Did the entire flush of the system. Easy Peasy using the oil extractor for my boat (this ones runs on compressed air) ,connected to caliper bleeders 1 at a time, and the automatic reservoir refill attachment on the MC. Twenty minute one man operation.