What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Oh I have a good one.

Not today. But yesterday I used it to make a speedy get away after someone decided to start shooting up the river walk in San Antonio. Lol.

Well, not funny really. But she had no problems popping a few curbs to get the **** outa there!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MileHighRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Pretty busy couple of weeks. Started with cam and lifter replacement due to seized lifter. Also had the manifold stud breaking issue fixed. Then replaced all brakes with Powerstop (rotors pads and calipers). Then switched out the Mufflex 24 with a Borla Touring catback. And finally this morning, replaced my S&B with the Vararam......oh boy, she’s running beautifully.

How much for the brake setup? I want that same look, just seems to be crazy expensive.

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
Time for some maintenance on my 2018. I put about 14K miles a year on it, so I should be good for another year. Yay!

Oil Change:
medium800.jpg

And then I said what the heck, time to upgrade the fuel filter. Went with kit from dieselfuelfilterkits. I still replaced the front filter also, can't have too clean of fuel I guess.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took my truck in for some recalls. I stressed to them not to do the U07 update, so they didn’t. They did the U53, V44, and T25, but not the U61 that was needed. Apparently they can’t do the U61 without doing the U07 autopark update. I would rather do without the U61 update then have the U07 update done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the voices in my head aren’t real, but man, do they ever come up with some great ideas.

ThrashN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! Went with 20x10 -24. Wanted to go with 20x9 0 offset but they were a bit more, I guess it’s a more obscure size, and decided to go with these. Love the look but will probably install oem style flares later.
Thanks for the info

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh I have a good one.

Not today. But yesterday I used it to make a speedy get away after someone decided to start shooting up the river walk in San Antonio. Lol.

Well, not funny really. But she had no problems popping a few curbs to get the **** outa there!!

I think a couple of people got killed in that incident.
Jay

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Time for some maintenance on my 2018. I put about 14K miles a year on it, so I should be good for another year. Yay!

Oil Change:
medium800.jpg

And then I said what the heck, time to upgrade the fuel filter. Went with kit from dieselfuelfilterkits. I still replaced the front filter also, can't have too clean of fuel I guess.

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

I always found that Geno's Garage had great prices on filters for diesel's.
Jay

Wheezer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I removed my front chrome plated bumper for pasti-dipping and reinstalled my RAM 1500 badges after painting them flat black...

I spent this last weekend introducing my rear bumper to a 10’ mount of plowed snow and ice
Can anyone point me where to find a replacement? Dealer cost is $680 for bumper with holes for sensors

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
I think a couple of people got killed in that incident.
Jay
Yes they did. Two lives lost for what I heard started as an argument at the bar.. ridiculous..

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Oil Change:
medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

How much of a pain was the filter kit to install? Kind of cramped working up and around the driveshaft.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
As little as possible. That way I get the best fuel mileage.

Blue Mule

W4ZWA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic
Engine
5.7L
Last night while at work I picked out my wheel and tire set up I’m hoping to purchase in a few months.

This morning I installed LED lights in the low beams plus changed the settings in AlfaOBD, tonight I’ll get them aligned. Fogs will be here tomorrow and maybe by this weekend I’ll order the highs.

28e2b48ffb51214b99aba9d5cf777cc1.jpg

In anticipation of installing the new ham radio later this week I started running the wiring. Charge Guard in the engine compartment running to a power distribution box inside the radio console on the floor. Once everything installed I will tidy up the wiring.

Charge Guard is set for 15 minutes so it will detect when the engine is running and activate the relay sending power to the electronics. Once the engine is shut off it will keep everything powered for what ever predetermined time before shutting off.

9a3346e8da8e3824fe14838d565243c0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
How much of a pain was the filter kit to install? Kind of cramped working up and around the driveshaft.

It wasn't bad. Took about an hour start to finish. It was time to change out the water seperator anyway. Wasn't really bad without that filter on there. I could delete the front filter entirely now but I haven't yet. Be kinda nice not to have to mess with that filter at all. Saves money to. The Cat filter is less money and filters better.