What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thankyou. Hard to keep track of who's running what combo anymore.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tons of information to keep track of too.

Looks like the 3" lift Foxes (28") are too long for 1.5" lift springs alone, and the 1.5" lift Foxes (25.85") are shorter than the Bilstein 5100s (26.73"), and just barely longer than stock (25.5"). Circle back around and the Bilsteins may be the best option I guess.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Tons of information to keep track of too.

Looks like the 3" lift Foxes (28") are too long for 1.5" lift springs alone, and the 1.5" lift Foxes (25.85") are shorter than the Bilstein 5100s (26.73"), and just barely longer than stock (25.5"). Circle back around and the Bilsteins may be the best option I guess.
If you do decide to run any new coils I'm sure the 5100s will be long enough for daily uses. It's offroad you would see their limits hindering down travel. When/if they get installed it's easy to check, you'll either have to Jack the axle up to bolt the lower shock in the mount and that will give you an idea how much extra shock you'd need. Or the coils will slap in without needing to remove the shocks.

I can't seem to track the thread down on my phone (tapatalk sucks) but there have been a few members running stock shocks and 1.5 spacers with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Now I going to have to see is the activating the alarm thing is real.

Worked like a snap for me... just look for that blinking light and it's good to go...

Gator57

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did you get that at?

how, how much, what’s needed, etc. lol
I have all the questions for this

425 for bodywork and paint (PPG)
Emblem is removed and sheet metal plate is tig welded in
At a local shop that does custom work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Looks very good, but have a question:

Should you now get it coated with a protectant because the cleaning has taken any oil or any rust inhibitor off?

Living where he is I presume it’s a none issue. I see palm trees. Lucky ******* lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Looks amazing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. Much appreciated. Have had all my vehicles done at one time or another.

Looks very good, but have a question:

Should you now get it coated with a protectant because the cleaning has taken any oil or any rust inhibitor off?

Thank you as well. Fortunately, there wasn't any oil, oil leaks other than typical grim picked up over time.

As far as protectants go, depending upon where you live / drive would be a deciding factor. Out here in So. Calf I don't have to worry about road salt, and many of the elements others up north do.`

At this point I will likely do some more detailing and address any visual issues that I don't like, as well as treat anything painted with a sealant just because. Personally, I use Chemical Guys Jet Sealant. Have had good luck with it though I'm sure Miquires, Mothers etc have something similar too. I compete on the Concours circuit with other cars I have and its always the details that make something stand out and pop visually. Hardest part is getting it cleaned initially, but after that its actually pretty easy to keep it that way with regular washes and using a power sprayer underneath. Makes catching any leaks and wearing components early easier, and working on parts so much better.

Last edited:

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tried to diagnose my non functional washer pump and dome/map lights but my multimeter lead broke :(

Oh well good excuse to buy a new better one :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500