What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hammer22801

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tell me about it man. My god I’ve been “deciding on wheels” for my truck for at least 6 months.

It seems impossible to decide. But I feel like it’ll one day turn into one of those things that I just make a choice and live with it. I just wish there were more options in 18” wheels.

I’m the same way I’ve pretty much decided on these rims but now shopping for tires.

235984E5-0E07-4AE9-B634-BF3D52B49A26.jpeg

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
It was a balmy 55F sunny day today so I put the tunes on, got cold beer and got white girl wasted and cleaned my truck. Inside and out. Felt good and nice to get back to some detailing. Haven’t hand washed her since probably September or October

Not bad for a 3 year old truck eh? On May 24 she’ll be 3 [emoji4]

mine turns 4 this month

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@JoeCo - So which hold more cargo wise. The truck or that land yacht.

Just another day of driving it. :sleepy:

@JimsRamTruck2012 Hahaha that's a great question, the car certainly gives the truck a run for its money! It's not too much shorter in terms of overall length either, however, nearly everything else about them is as opposite as you can get. Love having the balance this time of year.

MileHighRam11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Got the JBA shorties on! Dreaded exhaust tick is gone. Definitely compliments the flowmaster outlaw, giving it a lower throaty tone, especially when you step on it. I'm sure I added a couple ponies, but that wasn't my main reason of getting the headers. At the most, I feel some bottom end torque gain and slight increase in throttle response. The silver ceramic coating still gives off quite a bit of heat, but I'm glad I got it anyway. Now I'm thinking about a PC...

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Got the JBA shorties on! Dreaded exhaust tick is gone. Definitely compliments the flowmaster outlaw, giving it a lower throaty tone, especially when you step on it. I'm sure I added a couple ponies, but that wasn't my main reason of getting the headers. At the most, I feel some bottom end torque gain and slight increase in throttle response. The silver ceramic coating still gives off quite a bit of heat, but I'm glad I got it anyway. Now I'm thinking about a PC...

if you added headers, a tune might get you further even though you get much further with long tubes over shorties. Then you can do the e-fan mod and get even more :)

Hoff

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks to Danny over at @Underground Lighting, upgraded my lows to HID and my fogs to LED. Had a weird issue as I wrapped up installing them and he went out of his way to assist me over the phone even though it was pretty late this evening. Big thanks, and they turned out awesome looking!

Also swapped out my license plate brackets for some LED ones as well...

20200507_204130.jpg

20200507_204059.jpg

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Thank you, much appreciated.

Offset on the Fuel wheels is actually zero (o). 20 x 9's, Maxtrac lift set the front spindles out 2" so I added 2" spacers for the rear to balance out the stance.

When these tires wear out I might go up to 35"s.

Guess I forgot to also say, ".... or if my tire(s) get damaged unexpected" ****** !!! :banghead:

Was going to head out this afternoon to do some errands, .....found this stuck in. Tried to slowly remove it but started leaking right away. At least I caught it before getting stuck somewhere. Lots of construction on the freeways around here, so no doubt I picked it up from there. Lucky me. Made it to my tire shop fine, but rather than buy (2) new ones now, I decided to just bite the bullet and get the new set of (4) now.

Will post pic's after I pick it up tomorrow with the new tires on.

Hmmmm, why do I have a little smile on my face after getting a tire damaged?? :cool:

IMG_8998.JPG IMG_8999.jpg

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Thanks to Danny over at @Underground Lighting, upgraded my lows to HID and my fogs to LED. Had a weird issue as I wrapped up installing them and he went out of his way to assist me over the phone even though it was pretty late this evening. Big thanks, and they turned out awesome looking!

View attachment 206374

View attachment 206375

Looks good. I'm always curious as to why others get the rear license plate lights done brighter? :33:

Hoff

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good. I'm always curious as to why others get the rear license plate lights done brighter? :33:

It wasn't that I was necessarily looking to go brighter, but the stock ones were looking a little dim/worn, so found this set when I was looking for replacements. They're a little brighter than I was looking for, but they'll do...

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
It wasn't that I was necessarily looking to go brighter, but the stock ones were looking a little dim/worn, so found this set when I was looking for replacements. They're a little brighter than I was looking for, but they'll do...

Looks good, was curious. On that "rare" occasion... (cough, cough) if I should go over the speed limit 1mph too much, I don't want to give anyone help reading the plate :shakehead: lol

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

View attachment 206374

View attachment 206375
Are your highs and lows on at the same time?
Super bright bro

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Hoff

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are your highs and lows on at the same time?
Super bright bro

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Nope, the picture I loaded up was just the lows + fogs... I have a picture of the highs and lows, but it's on my other phone (just got a new one and transferred my service today). I'll post it up in the morning. Can't really tell a difference though, which I'm sure oncoming traffic is gonna LOVE! haha...

Hoff

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good, was curious. On that "rare" occasion... (cough, cough) if I should go over the speed limit 1mph too much, I don't want to give anyone help reading the plate :shakehead: lol

haha yea I thought about that too...

My main concern, and I forgot to test it out earlier, is I read others have mentioned how it blinds their backup camera a little bit. That'll be a no go if that's the case and I'll have to find another option...

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
FINALLY completed my audio system upgrade in my Express by installing the subwoofer and amp a Rockville SSP8 here https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/SS8P/. I didn't want to loose the under seat storage where the factory sub would go and for the price I figured why not. It's not a easy install since the 8.4 using doesn't have RCA input but with the help of a friend I was able to get it all done. I upgraded the door with 6x9 Infinity speakers and put infinity's in the dash as well. Man does it sound great! I have never heard the stock Alpine system but I would be curious to hear it to see how how my setup compares. It sounded good just with all the new speakers of course but the sub/amp really brings it alive! Replacing just the stock speakers is very easy and encourage anyone who likes nice audio while driving to do it you won't be disappointed!