What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
Put a new battery in my ‘16 Longhorn yesterday. Got 4 years almost to the day out of it in hot South Carolina where I live.

Now my key fobs (both have new batteries as well) don’t work from more than 5 feet away from the truck and the response is very, very slow and intermittent.

Anyone else have this issue? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Thanks, it’s in Cypress on the NW side around 290/Fry road. It’s a historical place with old dance hall etc. Those building tours are all closed due to corona. There’s nobody around you literally just pull in like back in the day and take all the pics you want.

View attachment 216510

View attachment 216511

View attachment 216512

Love it. Just put this on my "got to see list".

We need more of these to appreciate the times before us. Totally retro :waytogo:

Thanks for sharing it.

image.png

Reactions: JB1

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Made a skid plate, can make more if anybody wants one
1JK1h9H.jpg
mtFvZ4R.jpg
CdMPYmS.jpg
5YNILzy.jpg

Needs bigger washers still but fits good!

Nice job. I'm sure you've got a lot of others bouncing some ideas around with it.

I certainly would be interested. Little adjustments such as "bolt protectors" seem to make it better as well.

RAM DRVR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Put a new battery in my ‘16 Longhorn yesterday. Got 4 years almost to the day out of it in hot South Carolina where I live.

Now my key fobs (both have new batteries as well) don’t work from more than 5 feet away from the truck and the response is very, very slow and intermittent.

Anyone else have this issue? TIA

Anything special to changing batteries? My 2014 is original and still going, but for how long IDK? What battery did you install? My wifes BMW has to go to a dealership and hooked up to a power supply/diagnostics to change it so there is no memory loss. Then sync'd to the car. What a PITA……...

Mike Townsend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anything special to changing batteries? My 2014 is original and still going, but for how long IDK? What battery did you install? My wifes BMW has to go to a dealership and hooked up to a power supply/diagnostics to change it so there is no memory loss. Then sync'd to the car. What a PITA……...

Nothing to it on my '14. I had to do it last year. I'm not sure why but I didn't notice any problems with the UAC. When I just replaced the battery in the '17 Hellcat I just got the UAC showed that it was a Chrysler. I lost everything that had to do with a SRT and Dodge. I freaked out a little and went on the forum. They just said to give it a little while. I went back out in an hour and it was about halfway reset. cycle the power a few times and it also helps. A little while later my SRT button started working again. I didn't lose any settings that I know of.

BlackTuskOffRoad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
that skid plate looks awesome! That rear engine mini takes the cake though... One shouldn’t tease without offering more info!
haha Thanks! The mini is a prototype for a production run of Singer style mid-engined mini, I'm sure you'll hear more about it come Spring when it is launched. Was originally going to launch at the Quail at Monterey but... covid.... was actually helpful since we would not have made the August deadline.

If you do any dirt work, you might want to look into these (google skid plate bolt head protector for others) to protect the bold heads. I used them on my Jeep and work like a champ.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-6000-sw-496.htm

View attachment 216518
Thanks for the link, we were actually researching into those. We are also considering countersinking, but these washers are very nice indeed. We will have to see if buying or turning some on our machine is more cost effective.

Nice job. I'm sure you've got a lot of others bouncing some ideas around with it.

I certainly would be interested. Little adjustments such as "bolt protectors" seem to make it better as well.

Will do probably another version as it needs some minor tweaking, bolt protectors are definitely a must.
Actually, this came out of not being able to find anything that would've protected the steering rack assembly, as most goes forward toward the bumper instead of back behind the control arms. Also this only weights 23lbs!

Last edited:

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension

Intermittency of the key fobs not working started the same morning as I had the battery replaced. Then seat memory went to pot. Then XM radio didn’t load right. Then slow starting. So I pretty much guessed the battery was shot.

Went to AutoZone and bought a Duralast. $159 plus tax. They tested the old battery for me and I watched the test. Showed up as needing to be replaced. They installed it as I watched. Only work I did was insert my CC in the chip reader. Was kinda nice for a change having someone do some work for me. Been busting my ass for 40 years working on our cars and keeping them nice.

Everything corrected itself after the new battery except the key fobs.

Reactions: JB1

BlackTuskOffRoad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Anonymous007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went to replace the halogens to led, took everything out and come to find out inordered the wrong leds [emoji12]. To be honest i thinknit was my mistake and i sccidentally got 5th gen led instead of 4th gen. Company is swapping them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wake up most mornings the same way, work in moving company warehouse but have had to do a lot of delivery’s lately, super shine on you truck I had to expand the side shot to figure out looked like a mirror with tires! From pictures looks like you are a first responder Thank you I appreciate & respect your service to the community
Paint isn't perfect by any means. Probably going to tackle the correction and ceramic tomorrow as I'm on fire duty all weekend and the wife is taking a day trip. I can't wait to get this thing super slick!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I changed the battery in my '14 last year. I put an AGM from Advance Auto in it (Normally $200, got it for $150 with a coupon). Nothing special, unhook it (Neg first), swap the old for new and hook it back up (Pos first). No key issues, the usual first time slow start on the radio after having it disconnected.

-K

hdoggie24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok, got the front end complete. New Bilstein shocks, new Hillwig sway bar, new cross drilled rotors and powder coated calipers. We flushed out all the old brake fluid as it looked very burned "from my wife driving it" so the brake pedal feels like new again. Have not driven it yet other then around the block. Found all to be ok but the ride in the rear is very stiff and a bit bouncy, maybe the air bags or the shocks. Will check that out when I have time. Also found that the Powerstop caliper brackets were machined wrong leaving the brake pads hanging off the rotor about 1/8 on both sides. So I reinstalled the factory caliper brackets for now until new ones arrive.

View attachment 216193

View attachment 216194

View attachment 216195
Everything is looking good. So How is your front lowered? Any problems aligning it? Been following your build. Thanks