What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SND2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I installed the DeeZee Tailgate Assist, Swapped out the rear light bulbs (tried LED's but they were incompatible with the flasher). Installed LED backup bulbs. Replaced 1 backup bulb socket. Replaced the old metal antenna with a 13" rubber whip. Installed new wiper blades. Went online and ordered a replacement lockset for my Mopar hard tonneau cover.
That's enough for one day!

MikeDee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a wash, clayed the whole truck, polished the hood and a few other places that had water spotting by hand then did an IPA wipe down and finished with a coat of the new 303 Graphene. Came out great! The paint is in great shape so no real correction needed other than a couple minor scratches and some water spotting.

3C6481CE-A4A7-40E0-81A6-0C9359877E6E.jpeg

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did a wash, clayed the whole truck, polished the hood and a few other places that had water spotting by hand then did an IPA wipe down and finished with a coat of the new 303 Graphene. Came out great! The paint is in great shape so no real correction needed other than a couple minor scratches and some water spotting.

View attachment 227795
I’ve never wiped my truck down with an India pale ale. How does that work exactly?!

Jeff Strader

BlackBeauty
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got rid of it!!!!!..........Our 4th Gen RAM 1500 4wd Bighorn was a PIECE OF JUNK FROM DAY ONE!................Had to have a COMPLETE top end rebuild at 130,000 due to #5 hydraulic intake Roller Lifter seizure, which in turn, destroyed the cam intake lobe, sending metal fragments all throughout the engine.........Chrysler 5.7 Hemi's are built by blind, deaf and dumb MONKEYS!

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got rid of it!!!!!..........Our 4th Gen RAM 1500 4wd Bighorn was a PIECE OF JUNK FROM DAY ONE!................Had to have a COMPLETE top end rebuild at 130,000 due to #5 hydraulic intake Roller Lifter seizure, which in turn, destroyed the cam intake lobe, sending metal fragments all throughout the engine.........Chrysler 5.7 Hemi's are built by blind, deaf and dumb MONKEYS!
They’re also designed by same monkeys.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine

View attachment 227795

Looks great :waytogo:

thestuntboy

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 2500/2001 2500/2018 3500
Engine
8.0/5.9 gas/6.4
Took Thumper to a chevy dealer for service because the local Dodge dealer sucks .

Halligan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
View attachment 226989 View attachment 226990
Not very sexy but replaced factory tape that was peeling off with gorilla duct tape. Not sure if it makes a difference or not. Cheap project.

I used Gorilla tape on my truck as well and it's as good, if not better, than the factory tape. The power move would have been to spray Fluid Film into the rockers while you had the tape off. I'll be fluid filming mine this weekend for the winter and always pull the tape of and spray inside the rockers to prevent them from rotting from the inside out.

Tim7139

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Classic ST Crew 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi w/8 speed 3.92 gears
Gave extang a call, and got through right away and they seemed very helpful. As soon as I mentioned possible issues with the side seals the rep let me know it would need replacement once they verified the issue and got the process started. Less than an our later I had an order number and a shipping date for a replacement.
Well, I received and installed the replacement in an undamaged box. Sadly this one has damage too.

The replacement is trapazoid, not a rectangle, so on the passenger side near the cab the water channel of the rail is not fully covered.
The cover has a few big dents on the bottom.
The side seals have small tears.

Debating about requesting another one. So tired of dealing with stuff in general and it's usable, but it was a fair bit of money .

DSC_8398.JPG
DSC_8400.JPG
DSC_8410.JPG

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, I received and installed the replacement in an undamaged box. Sadly this one has damage too.

The replacement is trapazoid, not a rectangle, so on the passenger side near the cab the water channel of the rail is not fully covered.

Debating about requesting another one. So tired of dealing with stuff in general and it's usable, but it was a fair bit of money .

View attachment 227892
View attachment 227893
View attachment 227894

I wouldn't be happy with that for the money you paid. I'd contact them and get replacements until they get it right.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine

View attachment 227892
View attachment 227893
View attachment 227894

It's either correct, or it isn't. Might be frustrating now, but will bug you even more for a lot longer if you don't. If they have integrity then they'll do whatever it needs to make it right and keep a good reputation.

Hang in there & good luck :waytogo: