What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
i had 2 Bilstien 4600 put in the front & got an alignment
hosed off the truck
rotated the wheels & tires & aired up the spare

Tomorrow getting an oil & filter change

hunting for good windshield wipers

quickster2

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Laramie 2500 4 X 4
Engine
6.4L
Changed both diffs went with Amsoil severe gear this time as my stash of Valvoline SynPower is finally gone. Changed transfer case oil with Mopar fluid. Pricey stuff even with my retiree discount. Performed transmission service added Mag Hi-Tech pan. Now both diffs (PML covers) and trans can be drained without too much of a mess. Changed both filters in transmission and replaced with OEM and Mopar ATF4. Good day's messy work on ramps. 72.5K miles.

Last edited:

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2016 1500 Sport. Just did the rear seat folding modification and replaced the rear cab vents with the new version. Pretty easy and about an hour and 45 minutes to do.

Old vents in pretty tough shape.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2016 1500 Sport. Just did the rear seat folding modification and replaced the rear cab vents with the new version. Pretty easy and about an hour and 45 minutes to do.

What’s the new version?

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine

how do I know the vents are bad? In Wintertime I have a whistling sound in the cab, can that be the vents stuck closed? As soon as I open anything the whistling stops, the noise starts when the temp is near freezing and gets worse the colder it gets :O Starts round 40mph

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't know for certain if they were bad, but suspected it when I heard wind noise from the back area at speed and dusty residue in the black back seats, indicating flappers perhaps were not sealing correctly.

I did not have water on the rear floor, which would have been a sure sign of bad vents, bad 3rd light gasket or water leak from the back slider .

Never had any stick closed (my F150 was the same with the vents), just the old style flappers are kind of a crappy design and sometimes fall off, allowing water in or a constant air flow.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I gave her a much needed wash and then finally cleaned the interior. Having the exterior and interior coated is a life saver. I plan on doing the wifes jeeps interior when she can let it sit for 24 hrs...

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Planned to do a much needed exterior detail ( wash, clay, paint correction, polish, sealant, etc) but the city decided to excavate the streets in the neighbor hood and create massive amount of dust.

Son of a ***** !!!

postponed…..

Last edited:

SublimeZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Planned to do a much needed exterior detail ( wash, clay, paint correction, polish, sealant, etc) but the city decided to excar ate the streets in the neighbor hood and create massive amount of dust.

Son of a ***** !!!

postponed…..
Every time I do mine, they mow at work :mad:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Hello all,

Hope you southern N.A. peeps get some heat relief soon. El Nino isn't helping.

Up here we had smoke relief for a while so we've all been out and about as we don't get many nice weeks here. Smoke is forecast to come back on NW winds tomorrow.

Sold RV after 27 years of various models. Starting to wind down. Now working on home siding replacement.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
i had 2 Bilstien 4600 put in the front & got an alignment
hosed off the truck
rotated the wheels & tires & aired up the spare

Tomorrow getting an oil & filter change

hunting for good windshield wipers

Bilstein impressions?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
i have only driven maybe 20 miles on them
Tomorrow i have to travel on broken up cement on the Interstate 8
That should give me a better idea about ride quality

Stefan N

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
I didn't know for certain if they were bad, but suspected it when I heard wind noise from the back area at speed and dusty residue in the black back seats, indicating flappers perhaps were not sealing correctly.

I did not have water on the rear floor, which would have been a sure sign of bad vents, bad 3rd light gasket or water leak from the back slider .

Never had any stick closed (my F150 was the same with the vents), just the old style flappers are kind of a crappy design and sometimes fall off, allowing water in or a constant air flow.
Ok, thanks!

Spree

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Replaced both front hub and bearing assembly's. Drivers side was getting noisy so I decided to replace both of them and a fresh front end alignment always makes me feel good. Toe was out just a little. Drives great just like always.

8SpdHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Royal purple oil change! And new air filter.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!!!

Cheers

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Attempting to drop front drive shaft. 2 1/2 bolts loose and ready to come off. 4th bolt is presently defeating me. I'm running out of gas. Trusty 1/2" breaker bar/16" pipe extender, previously a formidable combination, is having a tough time loosening these bolts. A VERY tough time. Milwaukee 1/2" Fuel impact wrench is cowering in the corner, crying. It makes nice rattling sounds like it's doing something. But it's not.

Useless.

I think I'll call it a day.

Tomorrow back at it. The joys of wrenching.