What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So anyone that has added steering wheel audio controls, do I have to have the front end off the ground to turn steering wheel? Watched a few videos and didn't look like front was off the ground,but in every video they were able to turn the week to get airbag clips. I was going to do mine today and after disconnecting the battery I couldn't turn my wheel at all. I'm parked on an incline so decided to just put terminals back on and do it tomorrow.

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I finally got the Stainless Works long tubes and Borla cat back exhaust adjusted to where I like it, and tightened up. The only glitch was the hanger for the SW pipes was not in a good position for my truck. The only way I could use the oem rubber hanger was to have it upside down, pushing up rather than holding up. So I cut the bracket off the truck, which allowed me to tweak the pipes into a better position, and I made a hanger by welding the cut off bracket to a u-bolt style clamp that I had leftover from something else. Then I bolted it up at the 2 into 1 collector and used the other hanger on the truck. I'm happy with it now.
Oh yeah, I wrestled the dip stick tube into place with the headers installed, that was fun, NOT! Apparently, I "overlooked" the part in the instructions about putting the tube in place BEFORE bolting the headers to the head. Oh well, everybody knows that instructions are what you read after something doesn't go right.

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I finally got the Stainless Works long tubes and Borla cat back exhaust adjusted to where I like it, and tightened up. The only glitch was the hanger for the SW pipes was not in a good position for my truck. The only way I could use the oem rubber hanger was to have it upside down, pushing up rather than holding up. So I cut the bracket off the truck, which allowed me to tweak the pipes into a better position, and I made a hanger by welding the cut off bracket to a u-bolt style clamp that I had leftover from something else. Then I bolted it up at the 2 into 1 collector and used the other hanger on the truck. I'm happy with it now.
Oh yeah, I wrestled the dip stick tube into place with the headers installed, that was fun, NOT! Apparently, I "overlooked" the part in the instructions about putting the tube in place BEFORE bolting the headers to the head. Oh well, everybody knows that instructions are what you read after something doesn't go righty!
Congrats!
Cold start sound clip, please ;)

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I soo want to fire it up and hear it!! It needs to run 15-20 minutes to "set" the header wrap.
Heck, it's early, maybe I'll do it today, it's decent outside so I can open the garage and let 'er rip.
I did it. Unfortunately my computer pooped out, so I'm using my wifes laptop and I'm not sure how to upload the file to it.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So anyone that has added steering wheel audio controls, do I have to have the front end off the ground to turn steering wheel? Watched a few videos and didn't look like front was off the ground,but in every video they were able to turn the week to get airbag clips. I was going to do mine today and after disconnecting the battery I couldn't turn my wheel at all. I'm parked on an incline so decided to just put terminals back on and do it tomorrow.
No, not necessary at least for me.

Last edited:

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, not necessary at least for me.
I tried again today and realized it will turn just took way more effort then I thought it would. I was afraid I'd break something. Part of the issue is that I'm backed into my spot on a slight decline so extra weight on front wheels and have heavier tires. On level ground it would probably be much easier.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally added my factory audio controls. What a pain in the a$$ to remove the airbag, did get easier once I figured out the first clip. Also had the biggest boneheaded move. Got everything off and switched over and wanted to test to make sure everything worked before clipping the airbag back in and everything worked great so I clipped the airbag back in place. Well as soon as I clipped it back in place I looked down and realized I never put the steering wheel bolt back on beforehand. Even knowing how to unclip the airbag it was difficult, because the bolt wasn't holding the wheel on while prying. I had to hold the wheel on while prying the clips. Managed to still do it relatively quickly and everything works perfect and no airbag deployment or codes.

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just installed my Gator soft bed cover. Talk about a breeze. 20 minutes from start to finish and it seals really well. I don't see light anywhere. Not bad for the price, but time will tell how it holds up.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed my Gator soft bed cover. Talk about a breeze. 20 minutes from start to finish and it seals really well. I don't see light anywhere. Not bad for the price, but time will tell how it holds up.
I have the tri fold gator on mine and agree it's super easy. I've had mine on about a year and still looks and works great. Bed stays nice and dry. I got it mostly for camping so that I can keep firewood and other stuff dry. Got caught in rain towing to campsites more than once.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I am lucky to have access to FE Warren's Auto hobby shop. Full multi-bay DYI facility.

Was going to do a 90k full service, plus replace the drivers headlight that went out Christmas morning at 3am. At 75k miles(4/8/23), I was going to do the brakes, but after looking at the pad wear, there was plenty left and decided to do it @ 90k when the next fuel filter service was due.

Fuel filters. oil (filter bought on way to shop), front brake rotors and pads
Kit.jpg

Got there had to beat the old rotors off, the first new rotor was a pain to put on (lil persuasion). Went to put the pads in and they were the wrong ones.
Called Advanced Auto to check part numbers and they were for an '08 not '18. I also had them check the rotors and sure enough, wrong too. @ about 3 hrs now.

So front wheels taken apart, had to call my wife for the 30 min drive into town, get me, get the new parts (+1 hr) and get the new ones on. (+1hr).

Of course, I can't find the receipt. After the 5 hr ordeal, I get to go back tomorrow for the Oil change and fuel filters changes
completed brakes.jpg

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Since yesterday didn't pan out like it should have, went back and did the Fuel filter and Oil change. Only took 20 min to find the front driveshaft grease point this time. BTW, taking the skidplate does not help

Not bad for almost 90k miles, .180" pad material left
1703914912822.png

Last edited:

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7
So I searched the forum for a thread like this and didn't find anything. I figured it would be fun to have a thread that everyone can watch what everyone is doing each week.

This week I put on Steelcraft nerf bars, and right now I'm getting the permaplating put on the truck. This way it gets a real good bath.
Wash & wax, tried my new blower to dry, I figured out after the hood & windshield it is way underpowered to do the whole truck.
I did get two wheels done before the fully charged battery died, it did okay on the wheel’s crevices.
It was warm 50* for December so didn’t use the foamer, will probably try next wash when & if it gets cold here.

Attachments

• IMG_9578.jpeg
    IMG_9578.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9575.jpeg
    IMG_9575.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9574.jpeg
    IMG_9574.jpeg
    142.9 KB · Views: 19

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wash & wax, tried my new blower to dry, I figured out after the hood & windshield it is way underpowered to do the whole truck.
I did get two wheels done before the fully charged battery died, it did okay on the wheel’s crevices.
It was warm 50* for December so didn’t use the foamer, will probably try next wash when & if it gets cold here.
Looks like you got a big garage ;)

Last edited:

Biker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel
Drivers low beam won't light again. If I pull the housing out it lights.

Just started happening. "Key in ignition" warning after I remove the key.

Kid's HEMI! !!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drivers side with 35
Passengers side with 37 in front
Next pictures when painted and tires on

Attachments

• IMG_0445.jpeg
    IMG_0445.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 28

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At just shy of 5 years old the battery in my truck gave up the fight before even showing any signs of future failure. Moved my truck christmas day and it started perfectly fine. Got in it this morning, stone dead. Charged it for almost 45 minutes, hit the magic button, still dead. So I'm going to do the H8 "upgrade" finally. Kept going back and forth on a second battery with an isolator but I think the single H8 will suffice for the near future.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drivers side with 35
Passengers side with 37 in front
Next pictures when painted and tires on
Man I was really looking to getting these fenders when I went to 37's. But the radius from the top of the arch to the bumper is not what I'd hoped for. Wonder if it'd be practical to trim the radius to the red line I sloppily tossed on your pic with MS Paint.

IMG_0449.jpg