What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My screen freezes for a while, even when connected to bluetooth, on a side note the aux hub location chews up my aux cable
There should be a little channel for the cable to rest in.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It rests there, my cable didn't last long

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I actually run it out the side, not the front.

I run it out the front, but the gap is so large that it doesn't even need to sit in the channel. In fact, even if you put it there it doesn't stay.

In spite of that, you have to slam the lid for it to latch. Same thing for the deeper storage compartment underneath.

Wbhvacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I always had a sinking feeling that i left it open and all our stuff was falling out lol. Installed back up camera so i put in rev. to confirm closed now.

djyeti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Haven't spent much time under the hood of the 2016 ram but just noticed, and quite surprised, that they still don't run electric fans in these.

Guy who drives truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Express CC
Engine
"Hemi" 5.7
Not frequent but every now and then Bluetooth connectivity sometimes is problematic. My UConnect 5.0 freezes every now and again too. Mass production is what it is, but I would like the paint process to improve a bit more. Volume controls should be standard on all steering wheels in all trims.

Let's see, anything else I could gripe about? All and all I think the truck is very solid and honestly is the best full size truck on the market. :) I might just be a mark for Mopar though... Perhaps I'm going too easy.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Technology lol. Lately for me it's been the ticking again when I start it up. It had went away when I switched to mobil 1 synthetic. I am at 4200 miles and plan on changing it at 4500. It was fine until today.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Technology lol. Lately for me it's been the ticking again when I start it up. It had went away when I switched to mobil 1 synthetic. I am at 4200 miles and plan on changing it at 4500. It was fine until today.
Maybe try Redline oil . And a RP 10-48 filter .
Preferably 5W-30 Redline

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Haven't spent much time under the hood of the 2016 ram but just noticed, and quite surprised, that they still don't run electric fans in these.
You can put in a electric fan from the 3.6L Pentastar. Apparently it's considered a performance MOD.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Not frequent but every now and then Bluetooth connectivity sometimes is problematic. My UConnect 5.0 freezes every now and again too. Mass production is what it is, but I would like the paint process to improve a bit more. Volume controls should be standard on all steering wheels in all trims.

Let's see, anything else I could gripe about? All and all I think the truck is very solid and honestly is the best full size truck on the market. :) I might just be a mark for Mopar though... Perhaps I'm going too easy.

There are DEFANITLY a few dirt nibs in the paint due to dirty air in the painting environment at ram. They can be polished out though.

And the orange peel is a little excessive in a few spots but it's bearable.... In white anyway. Black would drive me crazy

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the ram should come standard with true HID headlights. Besides that his vehicle is awesome

MaxSteelRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

twice so far in the 2 months I've had my truck, my phone just disappears as a paired phone in the list.

MaxSteelRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are DEFANITLY a few dirt nibs in the paint due to dirty air in the painting environment at ram. They can be polished out though.

how? i have a bunch on mine!

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The tach and speedo needles trip out occasionally at 4000 rpm and 80 mph. The climate controls on a touch screen aren't going to be user friendly when it's -30*F here in the winter. Leaking 3rd brake light. The grill doesn't go up with the hood anymore (made for more room to stand on the bumper when working under the hood).

Still a better truck than any other half ton on the market. I tested them all, and the Ram just kicks ass.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
twice so far in the 2 months I've had my truck, my phone just disappears as a paired phone in the list.

I have the same problem with the phone. It happens often but I usually can fix it by shutting my phone off in the truck and then re-starting it.

MaxSteelRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same problem with the phone. It happens often but I usually can fix it by shutting my phone off in the truck and then re-starting it.

I don't think that will work for me, because the phone never repairs as it is no longer listed in the list of phones, yet my wifes phone was still listed so it's not just blanking out the entire list

ramessesII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
TPMS
wobbly middle console
No OFF for stereo
thin paint and sheet metal

lagerstout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

Make sure that your Uconnect is running the latest software. You can find out at https://www.driveuconnect.com/software-update/. I was having problems like the radio or backup camera getting stuck. There was an update for my 5" which worked wonders.