What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxSteelRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
-Pedal/Throttle Lag?
-Poor paint application
-mix of bulb/led lights (bright white and yellowish lights mixed looks terrible).. should be all LED
- manual shifting is on the steering wheel, cannot shift in a turn?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I don't think that will work for me, because the phone never repairs as it is no longer listed in the list of phones, yet my wifes phone was still listed so it's not just blanking out the entire list
Is your wife nearby when it happens? O had the same problem and deleted her pairing. Problem solved by only having one phone paired...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
lack of a manual with the hemi.

Slick61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
the brake pedal is a little too high off of the floor... end up using my toes instead of the ball of my foot... a minor annoyance...

and Sirius/XM cuts out FREQUENTLY... never had any signal cutout when I had just an XM subscription...

MaxSteelRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the brake pedal is a little too high off of the floor... end up using my toes instead of the ball of my foot... a minor annoyance...

and Sirius/XM cuts out FREQUENTLY... never had any signal cutout when I had just an XM subscription...

i'm from the north, i have signal drop often when I have trees to my south while driving.. i assume it's due to satellite position?

KB Sabre

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
-on the 8.4 dash, there are no manual controls for the vent direction. I dislike going into a different screen and seeking it out.

-the automatic temperature sensor. I never use it mainly because it varies so much. Even when driving steadily down the highway. I'll move it from 72 degrees, to 69 degrees, to 75 degrees, just to feel comfortable. Nothing automatic about that.

-Small center back seat. Wife sits in that spot on trips between the kids and it's the most uncomfortable seat in the truck. Meanwhile the kid's two car seats are using up good quality seating and are definitely not taking advantage of the heated seats.

-Oil filter location of course. And more so than mine, a lot of our newer vehicles I service at work are Rams. Worst filter location by far.

-The time it takes the radio to start on the 8.4n. The warning message at startup is a minor annoyance too.

-The quality of the Aluminum wheels. I polished and waxed them twice within a year and I swear i could see spots on them within a few months.

-Poor Infinity audio system. I think the standard 4 speakers sound better than the 10 speaker. I've replaced several of the speakers, which has helped. But why can't they focus on having fewer quality speakers with more power rather than throwing out a big number of speakers to seem impressive? I've heard the Bose system from a new Silverado and wasn't impressed with that much either. So it's definitely not unique to Ram.

-A little concerned about all the modern things (tpms, uconnect screen)in there not working over time since I'll probably be hanging onto this vehicle for a while. But hey, that's with every new vehicle.

All-in-all. I've been satisfied with my 2015 Laramie.

MaxSteelRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
-the automatic temperature sensor. I never use it mainly because it varies so much. Even when driving steadily down the highway. I'll move it from 72 degrees, to 69 degrees, to 75 degrees, just to feel comfortable. Nothing automatic about that.

i use the automatic mode solely, i have it set to 20c and it just sits there constantly, I've never been uncomfortable.. works perfectly.

Kincer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had an 04 QC for a few years then went to a SUV for around 5yrs and the whole time I missed the truck and the Hemi so last Saturday I bought a new 2016 tradesman express QC 20in wheels and a Hemi, I loved my old truck other than the 12 mpg, already with the new one I'm averaging about 17mpg so that's a big plus, I haven't found much yet that bothers me except the doors not staying open but only had it for 6 days. So far I love it! By the way I'm a new guy here and so far seems like a good forum.

jzales

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pulsing/Flickering headlights with the factory projectors.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had an 04 QC for a few years then went to a SUV for around 5yrs and the whole time I missed the truck and the Hemi so last Saturday I bought a new 2016 tradesman express QC 20in wheels and a Hemi, I loved my old truck other than the 12 mpg, already with the new one I'm averaging about 17mpg so that's a big plus, I haven't found much yet that bothers me except the doors not staying open but only had it for 6 days. So far I love it! By the way I'm a new guy here and so far seems like a good forum.
Welcome to the forum Sir ! Read lots , post lots and help others when you can !

This forum is LOADED with great guys with tons of info !

I Love My RAM !

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
-on the 8.4 dash, there are no manual controls for the vent direction. I dislike going into a different screen and seeking it out.

I don't have the Automatic Temperature sensor, so having to go into a different screen to change the vent direction is awful. That would be my one complaint.

Kincer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok other than the doors not staying open, my next dislike is the headlights, I don't drive much at night but I did the other night and wow these lights are bad!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Ok other than the doors not staying open, my next dislike is the headlights, I don't drive much at night but I did the other night and wow these lights are bad!
The ones on my 2016 aren't as bad as I remember my 2014 projector lights. However I'll agree with you. The lights on the three 4th gens I've had are definitely lacking! I can't wrap my head around why HID's aren't an option from the factory yet, considering they're used on many other FCA cars.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Kincer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ones on my 2016 aren't as bad as I remember my 2014 projector lights. However I'll agree with you. The lights on the three 4th gens I've had are definitely lacking! I can't wrap my head around why HID's aren't an option from the factory yet, considering they're used on many other FCA cars.

They don't seem to bad when it's dry out but when it's raining they are terrible, they really aren't any better than my 3rd gen 04 Ram.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
They don't seem to bad when it's dry out but when it's raining they are terrible, they really aren't any better than my 3rd gen 04 Ram.
Oh yeah in the rain they're awful! It's a struggle to see anything!

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Oh yeah in the rain they're awful! It's a struggle to see anything!

I switched mine out to OPT7 LEDs and I don't have the raining at night issue anymore. With the stock bulbs you can't see the lines very well, the LEDs on the other hand make them glow.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk