What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mleach2114

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In lieu of Loudram’s post, do you by any chance have the console he has, which is for the split bench seat or the full floor console with the bucket seats like I do because if yours is like his, maybe that’s why I don’t get blinded by my lid latch like y’all do....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have the same console as Loudram

DaveSharp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The slight clunk I hear/ feel when coming to a stop sometimes. I think it is the tranny going into neutral or whatever.

Might be fuel sloshing forward if you continually drive with a 1/2 to 1/4 tank. If it happens full, forget what I said...

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Yes I have the same console as Loudram

I swapped in 4th gen seats into my 3rd gen and I’ll have the same problem occasionally with the jumpseat latch giving off a bad glare

I noticed in the new 4.5 gen HDs some have a more brushed silver look and feel to it. Looks like it would halfway prevent that glare from happening

GORDONS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So far, with just 35 miles on it, the 8HP70 seems to shift by momentarily cutting the engine while it shifts then getting back to business. I could see the utility in that, engaging clutches and/or bands under reduced load might cut down on wear and would reduce if not eliminate harshness in shifts, but it hasn't seemed to hurt the 545RFE in my Dakota.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I swapped in 4th gen seats into my 3rd gen and I’ll have the same problem occasionally with the jumpseat latch giving off a bad glare

I noticed in the new 4.5 gen HDs some have a more brushed silver look and feel to it. Looks like it would halfway prevent that glare from happening

Come to think of it, I think the lid latch in mine has more of a brushed silver tint to it so with the addition of my console lid not being the same as the split bench console like these guys have, maybe that’s even more of a reason why my lid latch hasn’t blinded me....

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just wear sunglasses and look thru the windshield when I drive...lol

Same here, I have to wear prescription glasses and since mine have the transitioning lenses, I might as well be wearing a pair of sunglasses on a bright sunny day so maybe that’s also why I even don’t get blinded by the little handle on my slide out cubby hole lid to the left of the cup holders that covers where that goofy console shifter once occupied, that some people with the dual bucket/full floor center console, have complained about the glare from that shiny grab handle.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I just started noticing recently that my transmission doesn't really know what gear it wants to be in.
I always drive with the MDS shut off, I wonder if that has anything to do with it, but I highly doubt it. It's been bothering me a bit, but not enough to bring it to my buddy and have them check it out. Maybe the transmission just needs a flush and new oil/filter?
Only 24,500 on the clock. 2016 Ram Sport 4X4, rc/sb.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^+1. My 2011 with the 545RFE sometimes cannot decide in which gear it wants to be, in spite of my truck being tuned. I believe out trucks are that set up that way intentionally to get that +.000001 mpg.

The Slap Stick in my my truck is how I get around the "gear indecision" issue. If I ever get a new truck, which is unlikely, it will have Paddles.

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
Some things I dislike (and some I fixed):

headlights - black incandescent regular
Yellowish dull looking fog lights
(Replaced both with aftermarket LED delivery style lights)

Front seat with not enough backward lean (don’t have the electric multi-way seat, so I put extra foam under the edge of the seat where your knees are closest to, under the cushion, between foam and frame)

Lack of bass and low end in the stereo sound (added aftermarket 10” sub and amp)

Lack of remote starter in my model (added aftermarket remote start)

Lack of direct accelerator feel with the drive by wire set up (added a pedal commander)

Uconnect remote options via Serius Satallite Radio (can only check info and lock/unlock doors, no remote start or anything really useful)

Lack of tailgate damper - slams down if you forget or hand slips (added damper shock kit for easy/slow opening of tailgate)

Lack of locking/lever release gas door (added a Mopar locking gas cap)

No tow hooks on front bumper with sport style front end, and fender flares look weird/not right if installed due to lack of bumper sticking out like with steel versions/trims.

Middle rear seat narrowing in length of leg/bottom cushion, less room for base of a child car seat to sit on.

column shifter (which I do like and prefer over the dial) blocks my vision of the 4wd dial and buttons when in drive

MDS system constantly coming on when cruising, especially at around 70km/hr the droning/thumping sound from the engine (I put the +/- gear selection on and up to 6 and it keeps the MDS from coming on)

Rear passenger and rear windows tinted from factory but front side windows not tinted (I got mine tinted after purchase)

High step up to enter and exit truck and seat for my wife and kids, and wear and tear that will eventually happen on drivers seat cushion at side (installed OEM Ram running boards, no longer an issue)

But nothing that was a deal breaker, I bought the truck, and I really like it so, nothing is perfect, and if it was, I couldn’t afford it lol!!

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
my 6.4 has bin ******* me off hate the T stat
and heater core that keeps geting cloged.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
and the dam vib that no one can find after i changed my tires.2 sets of tires still vib there driving me nuts dealer cant find the problem

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to Ram's as of almost 2 weeks now so these would be a few things that have stood out to me with my (new to me) 2016 Limited Longhorn.

Keyfob range - seriously, I'm close enough that I can throw my keys at the truck, but the fob won't start it (even with a new battery in the fob)
MDS sensitivity - will struggle in 4 cylinder mode and shake the truck for a few seconds after an additional load has been applied (either throttle input or an incline)
Lack of mud flaps - on a top tier truck, especially on black. I've got a 100 feet of gravel alley leading to my garage, the truck is never clean. I know there's aftermarket available and I'll likely order some but still annoying it didn't come factory with them.
Open differential - My build sheet shows (from what I can tell) every option except a LSD rear end.
Lack of front tow hooks - I get that they were trying to style up the truck with the sport bumper, but you couldn't blend some tow hooks into the design?
Mirrors don't adjust out far enough. I'm 6' and can't take my non tow mirrors out enough to my liking for minimal blind spots. I plan to order the correctly optioned tow mirrors to hopefully mitigate this.

All in all I've got zero buyers remorse. I love my truck and in the end every manufacturer has it's quirks and flaws.

Octane

Reaction score
I've always wondered what it takes to get the cheap 'tards to put factory floorboard lights in.What I considered a well optioned Challenger didnt have them and neither has my Ram.Chrysler is just cheapcheap is all there is to it. Apparently I'll have to buy a $60,000 truck to get it and then they'll probably leave off the radio antenna

mrfix1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
lol at $53000 they still dont give you the lights i had to get them from my buddys junk yard and funny they did for get the skid plat under the truck for the transfer case lol the proble i find is the dealers not so much the Manufacturer.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MDS system constantly coming on when cruising, especially at around 70km/hr the droning/thumping sound from the engine (I put the +/- gear selection on and up to 6 and it keeps the MDS from coming on)
)MDS sensitivity - will struggle in 4 cylinder mode and shake the truck for a few seconds after an additional load has been applied (either throttle input or an incline)
Same here guys. I think the MDS is GARBAGE in these 4th generation Rams. I ALWAYS turn off the MDS in my truck when driving it. ALWAYS. lol
I hear that the MDS is much better in the 5th generation Ram trucks. I'll probably never know as I may not buy another pickup truck again. Not that I don't like them, I just don't really have a use for them, other than going back and forth to work. Mostly got this Ram and my last Ram for the winters here in MA, but the winters here have not been that bad the last 3 or 4 years now. A killer awd car would do for me. Although, I would really LOVE to order myself a Hellcat Charger to be honest. What a gorgeous and fast car. Did I mention gorgeous from any angle?? :leghump:lol

I do love my truck though. It is a very nice truck, but the MDS is my biggest gripe. No on/off button for the radio is kinda dumb, but I got over that.
Lately the transmission is acting kind of weird. Doesn't know what what gear it wants to be in. Weird with only 24,500 miles on the clock. Too early to be doing that in my opinion.

Octane

Reaction score
lol at $53000 they still dont give you the lights i had to get them from my buddys junk yard and funny they did for get the skid plat under the truck for the transfer case lol the proble i find is the dealers not so much the Manufacturer.

So,for only 8k more you may have gotten the lights. Lol

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've always wondered what it takes to get the cheap 'tards to put factory floorboard lights in.What I considered a well optioned Challenger didnt have them and neither has my Ram.Chrysler is just cheapcheap is all there is to it. Apparently I'll have to buy a $60,000 truck to get it and then they'll probably leave off the radio antenna

Maybe they are cheap but why whine about it? Put them in yourself.

I guess I coulda whined that they put a blank plug into my firewall harness under the hood for an under-hood light to plug into but did I whine cuz my truck didn’t have one? No, I went on Amazon and bought all the **** for it I needed and put it on, and I paid short of $60 grand for mine. And I got an antenna. Took it off, tho. The 50 caliber bullet looks much better.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Like I told @Octane- get em and put em in yourself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357