What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love my truck, however if there was something I could change it would be the rear coil springs instead of leaf springs. I really do not like them. I know they did it to make the ride more family friendly but it detracts from the truck being a truck. The payload of the truck is a joke in my honest opinion. BUT. I still have it and have no intention of getting rid of it
I’ve never had a reason to look because my truck’s got the four corner active level air ride on it but I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody out there in the aftermarket makes a replacement set of coil springs that are probably a lot stiffer than the factory ones.

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@corneileous

You know what's weird?? I'm using a different USB for my music and this one doesn't start playing as soon as I remote start the truck. It waits tills I get into the truck and put it into drive. Pretty cool. I wonder if it's the type of USB?? Either way,.....I'm digging it. :rocking:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@corneileous

You know what's weird?? I'm using a different USB for my music and this one doesn't start playing as soon as I remote start the truck. It waits tills I get into the truck and put it into drive. Pretty cool. I wonder if it's the type of USB?? Either way,.....I'm digging it. :rocking:

Could be….

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I'll add one more- I'm not at all happy with the acceleration and towing power in the 6.4 Hemi with 6 speed tranny. I came from a F-150 with the 3.5 ecoboost. So far I haven't pulled a heavy load with my Ram just roughly a 4k lb boat. That said my Ram doesn't pull as well as my F-150 did and is drastically different in acceleration. I expected some drop off in acceleration just now that much. I didn't expect any drop off in towing power and that's the disappointing part. Hopefully when we do buy our next travel trailer I will be happy I made the switch.
I had the same acceleration issue with my 2014 6.4 with 3.73's. The pedal commander woke that truck up.
I was going to buy one for my 2021 with 4.10's and the drive home convinced me i didnt need it on this truck.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I love my truck, however if there was something I could change it would be the rear coil springs instead of leaf springs. I really do not like them. I know they did it to make the ride more family friendly but it detracts from the truck being a truck. The payload of the truck is a joke in my honest opinion. BUT. I still have it and have no intention of getting rid of it
Had a similar issue when towing my trailers rear would sit low I solved that issue with these truck handles better to have had them installed for 2 yrs so far no issues.

cancunlsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had a similar issue when towing my trailers rear would sit low I solved that issue with these truck handles better to have had them installed for 2 yrs so far no issues.
I looked at those, I ended up going with new springs. The ones i got were made by Tuf Truck. it made a pretty big difference and I may had some bags in the future.

cancunlsp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’ve never had a reason to look because my truck’s got the four corner active level air ride on it but I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody out there in the aftermarket makes a replacement set of coil springs that are probably a lot stiffer than the factory ones.
yeaaaa Tuf Truck does. Already bought a set haha

Marmay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dont lake the radio set up,cant just keep the radio playing without the cluster and other lights on,lake the other cars,just the radio is on and nothing else

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4- 3:73- 6 Speed
I had the same acceleration issue with my 2014 6.4 with 3.73's. The pedal commander woke that truck up.
I was going to buy one for my 2021 with 4.10's and the drive home convinced me i didnt need it on this truck.
Interesting never heard of it. I do like that is it supposedly 100% untraceable. I'd hate to have my extended warranty voided or not cover an issue because of this.

Did it increase your towing power any or mainly the acceleration?

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dont lake the radio set up,cant just keep the radio playing without the cluster and other lights on,lake the other cars,just the radio is on and nothing else
I guess I’m just not fully seeing what exactly it is that’s being complained about here. You said the radio set up but are you pretty much just griping about all the dash lights being on all the time? If so, probably the reason why they do that is being that all them lights are LED now and will last much longer than the old incandescent ones will, they’d rather they stay on all the time just to make your gauges and everything easier to see even in the daytime.

I’ve actually seen quite a few new cars that are like this.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting never heard of it. I do like that is it supposedly 100% untraceable. I'd hate to have my extended warranty voided or not cover an issue because of this.
I wouldn’t go out on a limb and say that it’s completely 100% untraceable because nowadays, I wouldn’t be surprised at all what they can actually still see. And not only that, since these pedal enhancers can be notorious for setting off the check engine light for your electronic throttle control and if the dealer was to see a whole bunch of those codes like that they could assume something was up because yes, even codes that have been cleared, they can still see the history of them. I know this first hand because the last time I had to take my 2008 in for whatever the heck it was, I could see on the guy’s iPad screen once he hooked up the wireless dongle to the OBD2 port and it showed a list of every time the check engine light has turned on.

But I wouldn’t get discouraged about that if you’re really interested in one of these because nine times out of 10, the only time these things really mess with your check engine light is if you try to make a change to it while you’re driving and you’re actually pushing down on the pedal or if you try to use the eco-mode in the unit where it greatly reduces the sensitivity to a level that could make your computer think your electronic pedsl’s going out.

I actually had quite a few issues with the one I had but I’m really starting to think there was something wrong with it internally.
All it does is just make your throttle pedal a lot more so sensitive. There’s not any power or anything added to it.

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4- 3:73- 6 Speed
I wouldn’t go out on a limb and say that it’s completely 100% untraceable because nowadays, I wouldn’t be surprised at all what they can actually still see. And not only that, since these pedal enhancers can be notorious for setting off the check engine light for your electronic throttle control and if the dealer was to see a whole bunch of those codes like that they could assume something was up because yes, even codes that have been cleared, they can still see the history of them. I know this first hand because the last time I had to take my 2008 in for whatever the heck it was, I could see on the guy’s iPad screen once he hooked up the wireless dongle to the OBD2 port and it showed a list of every time the check engine light has turned on.

But I wouldn’t get discouraged about that if you’re really interested in one of these because nine times out of 10, the only time these things really mess with your check engine light is if you try to make a change to it while you’re driving and you’re actually pushing down on the pedal or if you try to use the eco-mode in the unit where it greatly reduces the sensitivity to a level that could make your computer think your electronic pedsl’s going out.

I actually had quite a few issues with the one I had but I’m really starting to think there was something wrong with it internally.

All it does is just make your throttle pedal a lot more so sensitive. There’s not any power or anything added to it.
Thanks for the info. I'm a tightwad so me spending over 2 grand on an extended warranty was a hard pill for me to swallow. I'd be pi**ed if it didn't cover a repair due to the pedal commander. This is why I haven't looked at a tuner.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the info. I'm a tightwad so me spending over 2 grand on an extended warranty was a hard pill for me to swallow. I'd be pi**ed if it didn't cover a repair due to the pedal commander. This is why I haven't looked at a tuner.
I spent four grand for the lifetime warranty on my truck and I still had a pedal commander and like I said before, if it wasn’t causing my check engine light to come on all the time, I’d probably still be using it and as far as a tuner, they do make tuners that piggyback onto your trucks computer that doesn’t actually do anything to the computer and they’re made where they could be easily removable if you ever have to have the truck taken in for any kind of service or warranty work and they leave no trace.

I’m actually considering that edge pulsar tuner that does exactly that, piggybacks in line to the two main harnesses that plug into the side of the computer that actually has a built-in pedal enhancer inside of it because that pedal commander and I’m assuming anything else just like it, really changes how the truck responds when you hit the throttle. They do such a good job that they make you feel like you did add power when all you’re doing is just increasing the sensitivity of your throttle pedal.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi

It takes the throttle lag out. I saw no difference in economy and it doesnt add HP nor torque just a seat of your pants feel when you can get rid of the electronic controls built into our trucks. You know the difference immediately in performance.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That I can't find any dealers to properly fix it any more. My home dealership has lost almost every person in the service department over the last year and none of the new mechanics are as capable. The other ones in the area have disappointed me already so not sure what to do now. I guess just keep bringing it back while under warranty and then hoping things get better.

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can just about guarantee the ENGINEER did not make that decision. The ENGINEER made the right choice. It was the BEAN COUNTER that overrode them.

it probly would of cost less to steal a page from toyotas playbook. 20yr not leaked a drop. even when it does its just $3 oring and 10min to change it. somebody at ram dropped the ball

20211117_142617.jpg

Marmay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess I’m just not fully seeing what exactly it is that’s being complained about here. You said the radio set up but are you pretty much just griping about all the dash lights being on all the time? If so, probably the reason why they do that is being that all them lights are LED now and will last much longer than the old incandescent ones will, they’d rather they stay on all the time just to make your gauges and everything easier to see even in the daytime.

I’ve actually seen quite a few new cars that are like this.
Yes,the light are on when radio is plying, they are LEDs but still they consume power from the battery .

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes,the light are on when radio is plying, they are LEDs but still they consume power from the battery .
Number one, those little bitty tiny LEDs are hardly pulling any power at all and even if they were pulling a lot more power than that, you’ve got plenty other things going on in that truck that’s using a lot more of the battery’s power than just your dash lights so why is that even a concern? That makes about as much sense as my crazy ass ex mother-in-law who couldn’t stand to have her ceiling fans on high because she thought her damn roof was going to takeoff… Lol.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's why it's good to mount ceiling fans on the roof outside. If the area floods it's good to have a helicopter home.

Octane

Reaction score
If a ceiling fan ever does come off the ceiling it'll take off your head and every lamp in the room.(According to mother in laws everywhere)