What exhaust are you running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disturbed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
I used the Mopar performance kit. It was too quiet so I cut the muffler out and installed the flowmaster.

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you install the exhaust with the existing piping or did you customize your pipe?

I already had factory duals out the back. So I just replaced the muffler. I left the resonators on also. It sounds mean. Has more of a crackle to it.

Sent from my Pocket Rocket

HookEm Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went through all the pages of the exhaust clips and didn't see a single Borla system on there. I plan on detailing my truck and tinkering a little tomorrow. I'll get out the GoPro and record some sound clips of mine. I'm liking it so far, but as I said before, quieter in the cab than I expected. no drone at all. Unless I get on it, I can barely even tell a difference from stock. Not overly loud at idle, either. Still thinking about cutting off the resonators, but I wish someone had a sound clip to hear before I do it.

Koko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What about the MDS have yal been turning it off with new exhaust or what? I hated the way my 08 sounded when it kicked in

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

this is what caused me to go back to stock. I couldn't stand the drone while running a mufflex set up. I loved the sound when I got on it, but the drone was horrible and I personally wanted to keep the MDS on. My gas mileage is already atrocious. I need any

pld

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
this is what caused me to go back to stock. I couldn't stand the drone while running a mufflex set up. I loved the sound when I got on it, but the drone was horrible and I personally wanted to keep the MDS on. My gas mileage is already atrocious. I need any

It's the bigger tires that are killing your mileage; oem tires are ****** but they are one of the lightest tires in their size to give us descent mileage .Nittos aren't a light tire, I had them on my last truck.

pld

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I went through all the pages of the exhaust clips and didn't see a single Borla system on there. I plan on detailing my truck and tinkering a little tomorrow. I'll get out the GoPro and record some sound clips of mine. I'm liking it so far, but as I said before, quieter in the cab than I expected. no drone at all. Unless I get on it, I can barely even tell a difference from stock. Not overly loud at idle, either. Still thinking about cutting off the resonators, but I wish someone had a sound clip to hear before I do it.

When I switch my muffler again :superhack:( running a 14" Magnaflow now) I'm using the 15" X 4" Borla XR1 #40085 with the Magnaflow y-pipe #10758, to hook up to my oem tailpipes I need a total length of 38 1/2" from 3" to 2 1/4" tailpipes @ 4" Centers for dual pipe connection.

Last edited:

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
A little late replying but...

mbrp-mainlogo.jpg

trainthemane7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Single Aero-turbine 3030XL to duals out back with stock resonators here. I love how the aeros perform. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really want to see this sound I got a 3030 aggressive with the same setup. Love the sound but it’s too loud and a bit drony. Could you send any videos or anything? There’s just not much on YouTube for the XL on the rams

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Really want to see this sound I got a 3030 aggressive with the same setup. Love the sound but it’s too loud and a bit drony. Could you send any videos or anything? There’s just not much on YouTube for the XL on the rams
This thread is over 8 years old,and the guy you're responding to,hasn't been here in 7 years.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This thread is over 8 years old,and the guy you're responding to,hasn't been here in 7 years.
Seems to be a trend lately. Lots of "New" members bumping up ancient threads. Not even an old but still active thread. This one had been resting from February 23rd, 2014.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a Jones flowpack now with no resonators. I've had pypes violator, pypes m 80, black widow Widowmaker, Gibson mwa race, classic chambered power stick, 14 inch total flow,

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a Jones flowpack now with no resonators. I've had pypes violator, pypes m 80, black widow Widowmaker, Gibson mwa race, classic chambered power stick, 14 inch total flow,
How do you like the Jones flowpack compared to the other mufflers you've had?

CanuckRam1313

Reaction score
Ram Year
2023 Warlock SLT
Engine
I'm running a Magnaflow cat back system with custom 5" dual tips and a custom Y-Pipe attached to JBA shorty headers.

Sounds great, flows great and provides a nice little bump in bottom end torque ;)
Best of all, I don't ever have to deal with the typical stock manifold cracks and/or bolt head let go's ever again ;)

Albeit LT headers would provide much more TQ and HP, but that adds a whole new level of exhaust work past bolt on adders :)

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the Jones flow pack pretty well, not too much drone, good idle, sounds awesome when you floor it. Favorite is still the Gibson mwa race muffler, this is probably 3rd favorite. Bang for buck it's the best, it was 35 bucks fron summit, already had a y pipe, 70 bucks to get it welded

SixAddict

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m just gonna throw my 2 cents in here. I see you all have a lot more mods than I do. At least in my truck. In my vette I have invested way more money than any logical person would, but I guess we are all the same, truck or car. With that said I put a cat back Borla Touring with resonator delete, on my hemi, and it sounds sweet with zero drone and zero issues except gas mileage as I have to step into more to hear the sweet exhaust. But I also do that with the vette and my LT headers and Corsa Extreme and cam. i guess what I’m trying to say is with Borla or Corsa you can’t go wrong.