What is the best programmer and tune combination?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been really thinking and wanting to get a programmer and a tune. Not really sure what's what, what I need and what's the best out there. Any comments or feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Diablosport + Hemifever tuned

X3

Have to agree. There are other CMR tuners as well, but they are more involved and I'm not near any of them or their dyno's.

Hemifever is well known and respected across the Dodge Hemi circles.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Agree with ^^^ and I'm running a Bully Dog GT for Hemi, I can change my shift points, turn head lights and fog lights on and off, seat belt chim, and the canned tune is better than stock. But that's it for my BD.

OP
OP
Unit_91

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Diablosport + Hemifever tuned

What exactly is the hemi fever tune? Is that an option on the programmer or is that something I have to get done by a shop or somebody? So it seems the diablo sport over the bully dog?

dusterman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 express reg cab
Engine
Hemifever is a custom tuner he sends email tunes to you after looking at datalogs you send him from your diablosport tuner. For being a email tuner hes the best for these trucks. Hes made 100s of people happy. People have seen about .3secs faster in the quarter mile then the canned tunes from diablo.

Warmage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you cant go wrong with hemifever , good service and fast communication

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Another vote for HemiFever. Here is his website. He is also a forum supporter. Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep

or You can order from Moes. Moe's Performance If you get the tuner from HF or Moes then the tune is free. Its 439 for the Intune 1000 or 599 for the Trinity. Same tune but the Trinity can be mounted and provides gauges and a dragstrip feature. I got the Intune.

Best way to contact HF is via email.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Unit_91

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hemifever is a custom tuner he sends email tunes to you after looking at datalogs you send him from your diablosport tuner. For being a email tuner hes the best for these trucks. Hes made 100s of people happy. People have seen about .3secs faster in the quarter mile then the canned tunes from diablo.

Okay thanks guys. Appreciate all the feedback. What are all the aspects that come with the diablo sport? Like what exactly can I change? After I get the hemi fever tune, am I still able to play around with it?

Last edited:

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Okay thanks guys. Appreciate all the feedback. What are all the aspects that come with the diablo sport? Like what exactly can I change? After I get the hemi fever tune, am I still able to play around with it?

Go to DS's site. They have the adjustable parameters listed at the bottom.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you can adjust with any of the tunes including HF. I shut off MDS, seat belt chime, turned on headlights with fog lights but my favorite feature was to adjust the full and part throttle shift points. I increased both full and part throttle shift points. The truck would shift to early under light throttle and was real boggy so I moved the shifts up by 300 to 500 rpms and it runs sooooo much better. For example it would shift 1 to 2 at 1500 rpms then drop down to 1000 rpms and be boggy/low power, so I moved the shift up to 2000 rpms then after the shift it drops back to 1500 rpms and has much more power.

OP
OP
Unit_91

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you can adjust with any of the tunes including HF. I shut off MDS, seat belt chime, turned on headlights with fog lights but my favorite feature was to adjust the full and part throttle shift points. I increased both full and part throttle shift points. The truck would shift to early under light throttle and was real boggy so I moved the shifts up by 300 to 500 rpms and it runs sooooo much better. For example it would shift 1 to 2 at 1500 rpms then drop down to 1000 rpms and be boggy/low power, so I moved the shift up to 2000 rpms then after the shift it drops back to 1500 rpms and has much more power.

Okay. So it sounds like diablo sport over bully dog?

dusterman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 express reg cab
Engine
One word...yes

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay. So it sounds like diablo sport over bully dog?

Yes, but only with the HF tune. FYI. I have no connection to HF nor do I get paid for endorsements. I paid full price for my tune/tuner from HF. I just believe in giving credit where credit is do and Sean knows his shizzle when it comes to tuning Hemis. The fact that he is a nice guy with great/fast customer service is just a bonus.

OP
OP
Unit_91

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, but only with the HF tune. FYI. I have no connection to HF nor do I get paid for endorsements. I paid full price for my tune/tuner from HF. I just believe in giving credit where credit is do and Sean knows his shizzle when it comes to tuning Hemis. The fact that he is a nice guy with great/fast customer service is just a bonus.

That's great to hear. Can't ask for anything better. I really appreciate it. So I just buy the diablo sport then hit up Sean with an email for the tune. Would I ever have to take my truck in to him personally?

dusterman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 express reg cab
Engine
No you dont you base your tuning with him through emails. Ive been talking to him for months and still havent gotten a tune from him. Im waiting on getting my headers so then he can tune my truck. Just goes to show that he will talk to you alot even if your not a paying customer yet. Hes a very nice guy.

dusterman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 express reg cab
Engine
What he will ask you to do is twll him all the mods you have of like now. Then do a data log from the diablo. He will give you a few parameters to datalog that he wants to see. And to datalog ypu set your tuner up and drive around and it will record everything your doing. A good datalog is acouple 0-80to90 runs. Maybe a 30-90 run. And normal driving and he will adjust fuel and spark and timing according to what ypur logs look like. After ypu datalog you send him the file via email. Then he will send you a updated tune.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500