What is the best programmer and tune combination?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A Hemifever tune is hands down above and beyond the canned tunes. Once you go HF you wont want to go back to anything else. I drove my truck stock for the last month or so and it was horrible. The difference is night and day, especially the tranny.

dusterman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 express reg cab
Engine
A Hemifever tune is hands down above and beyond the canned tunes. Once you go HF you wont want to go back to anything else. I drove my truck stock for the last month or so and it was horrible. The difference is night and day, especially the tranny.

Cant wait to get my headers then his tune. Im really interested in his tranny tuning. Fix this crappy shift schedule that the ecu trys to do at cruising with my stall.

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cant wait to get my headers then his tune. Im really interested in his tranny tuning. Fix this crappy shift schedule that the ecu trys to do at cruising with my stall.

The shifts are smooth in his tunes. Its hard to keep my foot off the peddle thats for sure.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's great to hear. Can't ask for anything better. I really appreciate it. So I just buy the diablo sport then hit up Sean with an email for the tune. Would I ever have to take my truck in to him personally?

Its been a while since i did it but from what I can remember: you install a diablo tune, then email HF a copy of 'last tune written'(this locks the tuner to your truck), then he emails his 'base tune', install that, then drive and data log, email him the data log, he will send you back a custom tune. Then you can install the custom tune. This sounds a little involved but the whole process is very easy and he will walk you through with step by step instructions and all the hand holding you need. Let me say the process can be as quick or as long as you want. His 'base' tune is so much fun that a lot of guys take 6 months to send him a data log for tweaking. If you just get his "base" tune and never follow through with the custom tune you will still be veryyyyyy happy. That being said, if you want you can complete the whole process,including custom tune, in an hour. Assuming you are at least somewhat computer literate.

OP
OP
Unit_91

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its been a while since i did it but from what I can remember: you install a diablo tune, then email HF a copy of 'last tune written', then he emails his 'base tune', install that, then drive and data log, email him the data log, he will send you back a custom tune. Them you can install the custom tune. This sounds a little involved but the whole process is very easy and he will walk you through with step by step instructions and all the hand holding you need. Let me say the process can be as quick or as long as you want. His 'base' tune is so much fun that a lot of guys take 6 months to send him a data log for tweaking. If you just get his "base" tune and never follow through with the custom tune you will still be veryyyyyy happy. That being said, if you want you can complete the whole process in an hour. Assuming you are at least somewhat computer literate.

Sounds great to me. Thanks for the feedback. All I need to do now is order the diablo sport.

Jerseymike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered from HF on a Tuesday night and got the tuner on Thursday afternoon. You being on the left coast may take a couple days longer.

OP
OP
Unit_91

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered from HF on a Tuesday night and got the tuner on Thursday afternoon. You being on the left coast may take a couple days longer.

Now what if I live in Cali? I can't find any tuners that are legal here. Can I just install it anyways and before I take it into smog just return everything to stock and take it out without the smog place knowing? Or will they be able to tell? And is that going to be a pain in the ass?

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Yes you can. They will never know. It's pretty easy.

1/2 hour tops to do it. The longest part is the DS reading and saving your stock tune. The canned tunes go in quickly compared to the stock record.

I've done it multiple times.

As a general rule, you should put the stock tune back in when ever your going into the dealer for service. Sometimes you'll get a TSB released that you don't know about and they will flash your ECM. Then your kind of hooped. The tuner will not recognize the ECM.

OP
OP
Unit_91

Unit_91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes you can. They will never know. It's pretty easy.

1/2 hour tops to do it. The longest part is the DS reading and saving your stock tune. The canned tunes go in quickly compared to the stock record.

I've done it multiple times.

As a general rule, you should put the stock tune back in when ever your going into the dealer for service. Sometimes you'll get a TSB released that you don't know about and they will flash your ECM. Then your kind of hooped. The tuner will not recognize the ECM.

Then that answers it. I'm gonna go with the diablo sport even tho it's illegal

rustydagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 with K&N CAI and Diablosport Trinity Tuner
I don't know much about California emissions. I live in Oklahoma. Do the emissions stuff make it pretty much impossible to have a highly modified vehicle? Seems like cam swap, heads, headers, blowers, any of that would make it hard to pass emissions if you have the truck tuned to work properly with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

HookEm Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope I'm not hijacking a thread here, but I have a couple of questions about the Hemifever tunes. I've been reading as many threads as I can find on Diablo Sport tuners on this forum and others and it certainly sounds like something I want to purchase, but a couple questions I have haven't quite been answered in all that I've read.

First, I understand that if I buy a tuner directly from Hemifever, it will come with his base tune preloaded. Will the tuner also have the canned tunes on it, or just his tune?

Second, about the custom tune...I'm assuming that if I buy the tuner form Hemifever, and it has his base tune on there, the price of purchase includes a custom tune as well. Is this correct? And with his custom tunes, do you just get one, or do you have to purchase another custom tune each time you add mods to your truck?

I ask this because I plan on adding a CAI soon as well as changing to a 180 degree TS. I may do all this before I get the tuner, but not sure which I want to order first. And, as all you modders know, it's seemingly never ending. I may later decide on some headers, or a ported TB. If I add mods to my truck after I've already received a custom tune from Sean, will I have to buy another custom tune from him, or will he continue to provide them to me as my mod list grows?

Thanks for all the help this forum has already provided me with. You guys rock! \m/

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Either Moe's or hemifever get you the hemifever tune option.

It comes with stock DS tunes. When your ready, reach out to hemi and he'll send you some base tune's for you to run on. He'll also give you detailed instructions of what and how to data log the things he needs to get you the best adjustments.

Things like 0-60 runs. 60-90 WOT runs...etc.

Send the recorded tune that you use and he'll make the adjustments and send it back. He needs other info as well. Like what octain you use, what you want out of it. Set up present and future etc.

I've done a **** load of mods and I'm running a canned DS tune with adjustments until the roads get better. You can do that as well. They are better than stock, but not as good as what he'll do for you.

He won't be there to keep changing your tunes for Free as your list grows. He supplies 2 tunes with the initial purchase. If you change and want another tune 4 months down the road after he's supplied your custom tune, you'll have to pay. It's not lifetime tunes for free.

He will keep working with your tunes until it's right. It's not like he sends the tune and then it's take it or leave it. He'll work with you until it's right. After it's rights, and you change mods and want an updated tune... then you have to pay a little extra.

You will have his support for questions and such though.

I hope that answered your questions..

Heywood

Last edited:

HookEm Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That answered them perfectly. Well, I guess I have one more small question. you said ordering from Moe's will come with the base Hemifever tune on it. Will hemi still provide the first custom tunes after initial set up, or is that only if I order from them? Reason I ask, I'm going to place an order from Moe's for the CAI, TB, and a catch can. I might add the tuner from them also just to avoid a second order and being able to get everything at once.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Matt @ Moe's and Hemifever (Sean) have teamed up together. I'm not 100% sure that's on every DS they sell though. It should be on their web sites. It is on the Trinity. There might be a small charge on the Intune? I'm not sure, I never looked. I have 2 Trinity's.

If you go to the vendor section here on the forums, Sean has a detailed sticky explaining how he charges.

No, the DS comes with Diablo's canned tunes. Get a hold of Sean after the fact so he can send you the baseline tune he uses for the adjustments via email. You won't just find Hemifever's tunes on the new unit. Just the ones listed on the DS website.

If you buy everything from Matt, and have included the hemifever option on his pull down window, it works as above. Email Sean when your ready. He and Matt have a list of who's bought and who's used their free tune.

When it's all said and done, Sean supplies you with 2 custom tunes for your truck and applications. (eg. 89 & 91 or 87 Tow and 93).

Better?

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
BTW.. I bought 1 Trinity from Sean for my car and 1 trinity from Matt @ Moe's for my truck. I have 4 hemifever tunes in total.

Get everything at once from Moe's. Save on the shipping and your getting the same thing. Sean supplies the custom tunes for DS's sold through Matt.

HookEm Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Perfect! Thanks for clearing all that up for me, Heywood. Looks like I'll have a nice little Saturday project next week!