What is the name of this part?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amarilu84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi 5.7L
I have a 2008 Dodge RAM 1500 TRX4 Quad Cab, V8 5.7L. To the point: What is the name of this part? It's the wiring bit that goes from the cab to the door. The wires are broken inside and it needs to be replaced but I can't find what it's called specifically.

door_cable.jpg

Helpful background info: My passenger-side rear window was having an issue where it would go down but not up. The switch and motor was fine, it turns out I had to "jump" 4 wires in the modular connector to get the window back up. I found a very helpful video here showing how, in case you ever have that problem. The diagnosis was this wiring harness thing from the cab to the door - I guess a weakness of this Dodge model. Years of opening and closing the door potentially damages these wires.

Thanks for your help.

OP
OP
Amarilu84

Amarilu84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi 5.7L
Thank you, I was able to look it up and find one. Of course, it has to be wired through the whole door - but that's alright. I might try to inspect the wires and see which ones are broken through a continuity check and maybe solder them. I hate spending money but I know there's times you just have to so it gets done right. Thanks again.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
what I have done in the past is cut one of the valleys" to separate it into 2 halves. When done, I used the black windshield adhesive to put it back together. Use only a lil bit and use gloves, that crap can get very messy

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you, I was able to look it up and find one. Of course, it has to be wired through the whole door - but that's alright. I might try to inspect the wires and see which ones are broken through a continuity check and maybe solder them. I hate spending money but I know there's times you just have to so it gets done right. Thanks again.
Hondas have this problem. I had to remove both front doors to gain access on several, where the windows, door locks, and power mirrors didn't work due to the wiring breaking off at the pillar connector from repeated flexing!